Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All-
Newest member here, in NE Florida... I'm a retired Navy Chief ET, now finishing up a DOD Civil Service career as well as an ATC Systems Technician... My wife and I just got into shooting sports- well, she just did- I just got back in after about a 40 year layoff... I used to shoot on a Navy pistol team in the early '70's.... but had to part with all my guns when I transferred to Bermuda, and never replaced them/got back into shooting until recently. I love .22's, my wife has a S&W M&P 9mm she loves, and just got her a SR22 she fell in love with for her birthday. I love smallbore rifle, and am looking also at getting a Ruger Mini-14, which is how I came across this forum- searching for info on improving the accuracy of the little Ruger's.
We are getting ready to retire and move, either up to upstate NY- or Maine. Maine is a much better choice for us- with the exception of some of my wife's family- who she badly wants to be near...but she knows Maine is a much better choice for us for many reasons... better property value, lower and more stable property taxes- and better gun laws. We will just have to see where it all leads.
Anyway, looking forward to browsing the forums!
Wes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gayblade-

Hey, I guess you're referring to radar systems??? A SPS-30??? I didn't think anyone remembered those, if that's what you were referring to!! Had one on my first ship, USS Little Rock, CLG-4 out of NORVA!
I was mainly a GCA type... had CPN-4, TACAN, IFF NEC's... except for a 2.5 year stint fixing submarine antenna's on the Simon Lake!! Opened up Kings Bay in 1979...
Wes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.