Perfect Union banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas Nobody talk or posts very much here. Hi I am boon and I am very much into target shooting, reloading and bullet casting. I am 44 years old , live in the Pa sticks and have a newly arrived grandaughter. Is anyone going to sound off. Well if not everyone have a nice Christmas. Boon

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
Welcome the board!

I live in California. I'm mostly into semi-auto rifles, specifically gas operated military pattern rifles. I own a couple of AR-15's and a FAL clone built on a DSArms receiver, with fancy claro walnut furniture:

My StG-58

I also am into Garands, although I only own two.

Here is one in fancy Fajen Wood

·
Registered
77 Posts
As most can tell I'm a Mauser/Springfield fan, but I own an AK-47, an M-1 Garand, and a 7400 Remington in 30-06. Bill how about a Mauser place here? With me as a moderator?

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
I'll be hapy to set up a Mauser site, but we have a C&R and nobody is posting. Get enough Mauser fans to post there, I'll create it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi fellas Glad to meet you. Hey John I had an old a3 when I was a kid wish I didnt trade it. Shot better then me. Paid 100.00 for it with a bad butcher job sporterizing. Got a old war club in the safe here Hungarian M44 I think in 7.62x54 Russian. Bought it to monkey around with its a blast. I am starting to get a little interested in Curio and Relics lately. If I have some questions I will give you a holler. I think I am going to like it around here . Thanks Guys Boon
;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Boondocker, I'm new to the site and will be checking everyday. I'm in SW.VA and into accuracy, groundhog hunting and guns in general. Was in PA 2 weeks ago for the 11th Annual Mosquito Creek Coyote Hunt. You're right about the boondocks!! I didn't know PA had that much space with nothing there. Saw 16 elk on Friday and 12 on Saturday in two different locations probably 50 miles apart. That was a real treat for me!! talk to you soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm moving back to Camp Pendleton, CA in Sept. Marine Base ya know. Anyway, I was wondering, is Big5 Sporting Goods still selling the old Mausers, curio and relic types?

I got my start collecting mausers when I was in CA, with Big5, and its been no looking back since then. I got to know the manager at the local Big5, Karen, she was really cool, and let me go through the new shipments when they came in to take my pick, hope she still works there.

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
As far as I know, they are still selling old C&R's (were as of a week or two ago!).

But they are pricy in comparison to what you can find out there elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I'm here more and more. Like it here more than the OTHER place.

:sniper:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm here sometimes and sometimes I'm some where else. Mostly I'm here, so who likes the 30-06 as a sniper round? I have 5 rifles in 30-06, 3 bolt guns ( Remington 700, Remington 1903, Remington 1903 A-3 ) and 2 semi-autos ( M-1 Garand and a 7400 Remington).

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
Originally posted by john humphries
I'm here sometimes and sometimes I'm some where else. Mostly I'm here, so who likes the 30-06 as a sniper round? I have 5 rifles in 30-06, 3 bolt guns ( Remington 700, Remington 1903, Remington 1903 A-3 ) and 2 semi-autos ( M-1 Garand and a 7400 Remington).
Well, then you might recognize this sniper device from a famous 30-06 gas rifle:

http://perfectunion.com/images/armory/gara...9_svc/with_t37/

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got one on my M-1 as a matter of fact. I thought it would make a good short bayonet. I haven't tried it at night yet, but that might be something to do later.:sniper:

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
I bought mine in an auction on GunBroker. It's a real T37, came with factory wrapper. Sweet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought mine from a friend who runs an army surplus store here in ft worth. He has about anything you might want. I am tring to get all the M-1 D parts to build my own rifle.:usa:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts