Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put one together yet? I see they also sell a pistol lower but I still can,t see getting below 50 oz. limit without turning down the barrel to the size of a pencil?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't mean to cause any huff, but there's been a few people over at www.AR15.com that hae built them. Rifles that is. Word (rumor) is, Hesse? is coming out w/ a Kevlar upper........ or a pistol kit or complete. Not sure if it's true though.......

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kaliburz seems hesse quality is better on these kelar lowers. I'm sure they contract these out. All the posts I have read have been positive on parts fit and assembly. You are correct they are coming out with a kevlar pistol in late Jan. it has a kevlar upper and lower and all GI parts. It's supposed to be price at $550-600 range. If it performs better than the carbon fiber pistol by Pro. Ord. it might sell.

·
Registered
236 Posts
the pics i saw of a hesse reciever was cracked after short use calvary arms also has a few pics floating around of some recievers that had split under normal use. I'll see if i can find them or post a link.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pictures I have seen of the cracked reciever were of the cast aluminum reciever Hesse has not the Kevlar. Also I believe there were issues as to if the correct buffer was used in that build.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was almost going to buy a hesse ar and went to the gunshop to speak to a smith he said to avoid all hesse products like the black plague of death. lots of problems with various products like reciever strength in design. besides that the new hesse galils have been out all of a few weeks and already alot of unhappy customers. I think I would look elsewhere on a fiber reciever especially if the quality is in question like all hesse products are.. it says alot when a few of my firearm dealer buddies refuse to cary hesse products . they were tired of having to get them fixed it was like pullin teeth from hesse. you can take your chances if you want to .save your money and buy quality...

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I've never dealt with Hesse, guess there're too many horror stories about their product.

:sniper:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts