Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I puchased this one for more than I thought it was worth. I was right it needed some work would not fire 1/2 the time, After much work and more money I have your average Century Metric R1A1.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Duce, I've got a metric Century on a Hesse receiver that I bought years ago (late 90's I believe). It too had issues, but after I retimed the barrel, cleaned it really well and installed the correct locking shoulder for headspace, it's a good shooter. I currently have it for sale over on the fnfal site, but if nobody bites, I just may keep it. I've got 5 fal's but I hate to part with any of them. The Century was the first one I bought. I'm curious, what issues did you have to correct on yours?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a century L1A1 that I got in 96-97. It has a very good action, infact the action is so fast when shooting it; some people thought it was full auto. It sounds like a BAR when you shoot it as fast as you can. The problem, you can't hit anything with it. Someone put a flashhider on it and used what looks like JB Weld. It looks like your rifle,but on a IMBEL receiver.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Had an early one with no receiver origin marks, US made?. Accurate, reliable, no problems except the circlip holding the gas adjustment in place came off and it went sailing. Fortunately found it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a century made when the ban was still in effect. It has the dreaded hesse receiver. It woud only fire one shot then jam. I looked at the gas tube and it was so full of cosomoline I couldn't beleive it. Cleaned it out, and never had another jam in over a case of ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts