Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have Henry's 30-30? Pro's, con's, accuracy, etc.?

I've done my research but there isn't much out there. I handled one at my local gun shop and really really like it. The build quality is leaps and bounds better than current production marlin or rossi.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a friend who purchased 2 of them-one for himself and one for his lady friend. They love them. They wouldn't have anything else. I have handled them, but, never had the opportunity to shoot either of them.
I think that these guns have the highest quality of any currently made lever action firearms. They are made in the USA. They are well made from good material and should last a couple of lifetimes.
When my friend was trying to find one to buy, there were none available here. He couldn't find one anywhere. So, he sent an email to the Henry Company. And, a day later he got a phone call from the CEO of Henry! The CEO asked my friend what he wanted. My friend answered "Two 30-30s!" The CEO asked him who his local dealer was. My friend told him. He said: "I'll send two of them immediately!" And, he did!
My amigo is sure sold on Henry! He has since ordered several other calibers such as .357 Magnum and 22LR. I'm not sure what else. But, he sure likes his Henrys!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do not own any Henry's myself yet, but I have yet to find anyone who was not pleased with the out of the box experience, or customer service. I would be curious to hear comments on the loading procedure for the Henry, with its tube feeding as opposed to a loading gate. For hunters where you load up, carry in the field, then unload, its supposed to be the cat's meow ... however, I can think of other uses where the loading gate would be more preferred. Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Henry 30-30 Anyone

A little story re Henry Repeating Arms. When YTK occurred a customer (retired Deputy Sheriff) approached me with the idea of buying a firearm right on the very minute that YTK happened. Our family owned and operated a full line sporting goods and power equipment retail establishment. I thought the idea crazy but phun so we arranged it. Our store was in a business district and there was alot of revelry going on that evening. People going tavern to tavern. We opened the shop about 11:45pm and the customer came in. We filled out the FFL 4473 form and he signed it precisely at midnight. The firearm he chose to buy was a Henry .22 rifle. As an afterthought, we sent a letter to Henry Repeating Arms and Mr. Imperato sent us some Henry advertising and display items, one of which was a toy semi-trailer with the Henry name on it. We thought that purty durn cool and displayed it for years until we retired. We still have them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the stories Oregon & RCR, it always amazes me how receptive they are to their customers. The Henry Frontier I have is a very fine firearm and for the money you can't beat it.

As for the loading gate deal, I don't have any issues with it. I would go into the field with 3+1 and the hammer decocked. Any more than that seems kinda ridiculous to me personally.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great Rifle

Some years ago I bought a Commemorative .22 Lr offered by the California Rifle and Pistol Association. I really just wanted a lock breach .22 to shoot. But when that rifle came in and I got a look at the quality, I immediately decided it was not going to be fired until a special occasion.

I'm now thinking of taking it out for a session at the range on the day the replacement of our little king is sworn in, and I don't care who it is. :D

Now I've got to invest in another one that I can shoot any day, not just for celebrations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new here I don't own a 30-30 but I do have 2 Henry's I have a Big boy 44 mag and a golden boy 22 lr. I love both my Henry's the 44 mag is expensive to target shoot that was the main reason I got the 22 for target shooting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.