Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, i recently bought an older 870 wingmaster for my son, it has no whiteline spacers,i'm not sure if there was a time that remington didnt use white line spacers or maybe this stock has been refinished and maybe the spacers just werent put back on, it also has a slightly different duck at the bottom of the pistol grip on the stock than my 870 from the early 80's has. the serial number is 833***X any information on the year this was made , i would appreciate very much, thanks in advance....gut

·
Registered
723 Posts
With the information you gave its hard to say for sure my book on shotguns is failing me here. Give the factory a call with the serial no. on hand, They should be able to help you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gutpile, I need more information on your serial number. I just need the letter prefix in front of your serial number and I could tell what year it was made. From the the information you have given, it looks like your have a M870 Wingmaster in 20 guage "Heavy Frame". This model is discontinued. Hope this helps. R6721:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, i thought this post was dead, in fact i had forgotten about it, thanks for the reply, there is no letter prefix on the reciever serial number, but the number does end in 'X' , the barrel is marked W K H on the left side and a 'C' and a proof mark on the right side.....sorry i didnt get back here sooner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts