Perfect Union banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The man who sold me my Mini-14 gave me these 5 magazines. The first 2 have no markings on them. They are noticably thinner than the last three, and are smooth and metallic. The large one is a 30 round magazine, and the smaller one is a 20 round magazine. The last 3 are rough to the touch and made of a solid metal. They hold 15 rounds, and have MINI 14 stamped on the bottom. I am assuming these are factory magazines, but I honestly don't know.

The slimmer, more desirable high capacity magazines do NOT perform as well as the rough and rigid 15 round mags.

Does anyone know what brand these magazines could be?

·
Banned
7,402 Posts
Ruger never made 15 rnd magazines. Factory ruger mags have the words "Ruger mini 14" along with the Sturm Ruger eagle emblem on the floorplate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have 30 round straight magazines that look like the skinny ones you got with with a base plate that says mini 14. I have no idea who made them I will have to post pics soon. I mean totally straight no curve at all.

·
Banned
7,402 Posts
The two without any markings on the baseplate appear to me to be fed ord (federal ordnance) the hole near the top of the mag(on the side) being the giveaway. They are good mags and sell for nearly as much as the factory mags. They are 1980's vintage. Later ones are marked "Precision Mag industries" on the floor plate. The Fed ord and PMI mags were both made by PMI, but the ones marketed by Fed Ord had no markings on the baseplate. These are all pre-'94 AW ban mags and no production since that '94 ban. The ones marked "mini 14" are half assed garbage. Consider yourself lucky if they work at all or even fit in the mag-well.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts