1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Is there anybody home?
There has been Zero activity here.
Well, I am just recoving from Covid, going to try to go back to work tomorrow.
Still not there so be a few weeks I am sure before I get to the range.
However I am going to load up some cast loads in the mean time.
Figure I will start with a LEE 155 GC made for Semi-Auto's on top of some 5744 or 4198

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
interested to see results and load data. I've made an SKS a project gun. likely going to remove the semi-auto function for straight pull bolt.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Glad you recovered. I'm here ocassionaly , lately just following the gloomy world news and Americas slow but steady
downfall.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you recovered. I'm here ocassionaly , lately just following the gloomy world news and Americas slow but steady
downfall.
Don't let what is going on these trubbled times dictate your happiness.
We do what we can but I am trusting in the Lord that we can get though these times.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,
I loaded up 5 rounds of each just for the first run to test cycling and function.
IMR 4198: 17.0, 18.0, 18.5, 19.0
LEE 155gr. GC
OCL: 2.165
I am hoping to go out this coming Monday, but if the air quality from all
the fires around me is bad I will staying home. There was ash on truck today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just worked up a load for the Yugo SKS using H335 because that was all I could get. I have had an old stash of Win brass and Win 123 gr soft points. I started on the low side and quickly ran into the primers starting to back out. My best load was 30.2 grains of H335 and gave me 2250 fps and 4.25 MOA with the iron sights. Not great but good enough for my old retired eyes.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just worked up a load for the Yugo SKS using H335 because that was all I could get. I have had an old stash of Win brass and Win 123 gr soft points. I started on the low side and quickly ran into the primers starting to back out. My best load was 30.2 grains of H335 and gave me 2250 fps and 4.25 MOA with the iron sights. Not great but good enough for my old retired eyes.
Not bad for irons.
I don't have any jacketed bullets to make a load for.
However I do have some unleaded bullets to work up a hunting load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts