Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions have been flying around regarding the ability of barrel stabilizers to dissipate heat. Some have gone so far as to say it is not important to dissipate heat away from the Mini-14 or Mini-30 barrel in order to help control barrel whip, or stringing on the target. Well, since such unwanted performance manifests when the barrel heats up, it would seem most logical to minimize the heat, and thus retain solid performance from the rifle.

Mo-Rod barrel stabilizers differ from other similar products in several ways. To promote better dissipation of heat, custom Mo-Rod barrel clamps were designed to completely surround the barrel and stabilizing rod, thus providing a greater level of surface-to-surface contact. Also, our clamps are made from a high quality aircraft aluminum alloy, which has excellent heat dissipation properties, and is also lighter in weight than steel clamps.

The bottom line...our objective is to dissipate heat, and provide for a rigid stable barrel. Accomplishing both of these objectives has been the hallmark of our success. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have any data to support the effectiveness of strut to dissipate heat? I already have the reaper and it accomplishes climb well enough for me, but i would like to cool the barrel down. I just want to see some #'s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.