Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't really but I did give them a once over today, with a little bit of oil here and there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I'm gonna be having a gun cleaning party at my place tomorrow. The Mini's pretty dirty, as is the 10/22. Don't even want to think about what my Mossy 500 .410 looks like... :lol:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna be having a gun cleaning party at my place tomorrow. The Mini's pretty dirty, as is the 10/22. Don't even want to think about what my Mossy 500 .410 looks like... :lol:
I wish I had the spare ammo, so I could actually get mine dirty. Been itching to get out for a few weeks. Things will settle down one of these day;s I hope.

·
Registered
74 Posts
hugs!!!

I have been massaging mine, a 184, that just got back from the doctor. I sent it back to it's birthplace ( minus a bolt and a trigger group) and the nice people there replaced those parts, along with a new recoil spring and gas piston-ALL FOR NO CHARGE!!!!! I love those guys!!! Now I am getting her back to fighting weight, Amega mini scout rail, Terry G trigger group, Mo Rod and Reaper all gotta go back on cuz you wouldn't want to send her to the homeland with any aftermarket goodies. Oh yah, did I mention--- I LOVE RUGER CUSTOMER SERVICE!! So I guess I went a little past hugging- We got intimate :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been massaging mine, a 184, that just got back from the doctor. I sent it back to it's birthplace ( minus a bolt and a trigger group) and the nice people there replaced those parts, along with a new recoil spring and gas piston-ALL FOR NO CHARGE!!!!! I love those guys!!! Now I am getting her back to fighting weight, Amega mini scout rail, Terry G trigger group, Mo Rod and Reaper all gotta go back on cuz you wouldn't want to send her to the homeland with any aftermarket goodies. Oh yah, did I mention--- I LOVE RUGER CUSTOMER SERVICE!! So I guess I went a little past hugging- We got intimate :D
Now how did you get them to do no charge work? What was the magic words used?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just told them I had acquired a mini that didn't have a bolt or a trigger group. Before I sent it in I contacted them by email and asked them for a rough estimate to replace these parts, and they told me about 160 bucks. They told me to send it in (mid January) and they would contact me with final cost before shipping. I called them about 10 days later (they said it would take 2-3 weeks) and they told me it had shipped out 2 days earlier! I guess it was just sh!thouse luck. Then I asked them how much a rear sight would cost for a mini that a friend has, they looked it up and said we will ship one right out! The sight actually beat my gun home!!! Again NO CHARGE. Oh yah, have I mentioned, I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!! After I got everything back I called them and emailed them to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. the end

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
I just told them I had acquired a mini that didn't have a bolt or a trigger group. Before I sent it in I contacted them by email and asked them for a rough estimate to replace these parts, and they told me about 160 bucks. They told me to send it in (mid January) and they would contact me with final cost before shipping. I called them about 10 days later (they said it would take 2-3 weeks) and they told me it had shipped out 2 days earlier! I guess it was just sh!thouse luck. Then I asked them how much a rear sight would cost for a mini that a friend has, they looked it up and said we will ship one right out! The sight actually beat my gun home!!! Again NO CHARGE. Oh yah, have I mentioned, I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!! After I got everything back I called them and emailed them to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. the end
Next time ship it without the magazine and tell them it is missing the two 20 rndrs that you thought it should have come with.

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
789 Posts
Good answer "Doc". After all ...Valentines Day is coming up, A LITTLE ATTENTION GOES A LONG WAY.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my mini gets bitchy watching me lavish attention on all the others here, but she knows it's only business. I hope she does anyway. :d
awesome!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
name her!

All fire arms that have shown to be reliable, and trustworthy will benefit from your tender caress. They evolve into the spouse you've grown to love and honor. Give her a name. Bury her with you!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've had so many "mistress minis" in here of late I'm going to have to spend quality time with mine very soon. At the cost of ammo she's not a cheap date these days. But I swear I'm not cheating on her!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've had so many "mistress minis" in here of late I'm going to have to spend quality time with mine very soon. At the cost of ammo she's not a cheap date these days. But I swear I'm not cheating on her!!
I think for me, it would actually be cheaper to take the wife out then it is to take my other love, to the range.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I hugged both mine in the recent few days. Told one she needs to find a new home. Need to make room for the new tenant in the safe.

I just adopted a Mosssberg MVP Varmint.
Get a bigger safe and keep 'em all. Just sayin'.

If you're really that hard up for space and worried about security/unauthorized access, pull the trigger group and put it in the safe, then hide the rest of your mini in the attic or something until you get a better storage arrangement. Just lube it up good with a rust preventative.

I sold too many guns back after I got married. Replacing 'em now, but its better and cheaper just to keep what you have.

All the best,
Grumpy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.