Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in trying to lighten up my trigger by myself.
I remember awhile back someone posted some labeled pictures of a trigger assembly for a discussion on trigger work, and someone else discussed how to use automotive valve lapping compound... but I can's seem to find either using the "search" function.

Also, none of the links to other posts seem to work anymore.

Have the older posts been deleted?

If not, could someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I went back to July 1999. The old posts are there. Use the search button, and enter key words, such as Trigger, select Mini-14 forum. Many post will come up with your key words in red.

I normally don't recommend the average member to do a trigger job. As if ya don't know what your doing, you can ruin the trigger group, or make it dangerous. I had mine done. Trigger jobs generally run $25 to $45.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies.
Sorry fellas, as we say in Computer Support, the problem was a picnic. (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)
I didn't realize that the date filter was set to only show posts made in the last 30 days. Duh!... No wonder I couldn't find any old posts.

My father and his friend both just had their Mini-14 triggers worked on by a local gunsmith. My father's came back a nice 3.5lbs, but his friends was 2lbs and double-tapped. The gunsmith had to add some weld to the parts and start over...
If I decide to do anything to my trigger, I'll probably send it to Mike in Oregon, since he seems to specialize in Mini-14's.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Picnic? Is that kinda like a "PEBKAC Error"? (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair)

I'm a Geek in training...so I'm responsible for a ton of those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts