Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a 188 series purchased in 1999 and the model was new that year, if memory serves. It is as new in box and unfired. I am trying to get a value for possible sale. Any collector value added due to age? Or not so desirable because it has the older, lighter style barrel?

Thank you very much for any thoughts!

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Your serial number prefix indicates about 6 to 10 yrs earlier production than your memory serves. If the last 5 serial numbers are less than 66901, then its highly likely that you have the 1:7 inch twist barrel mini. These are more desirable to some collectors who like to shoot heavier bullets. other than that there is nothing special about your ranch rifle to justify collector pricing. I would think $550 t0 $600 tops. Good luck

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
The old mini's shot pretty well, I have a 196 that needed a lot of help and finally got it to shoot decent for me, 1 1/4-1 1/2 groups at 100. I have been around for a while and the 183 thru 189 series had some good shooters in the mix that did not need a lot work or tricks to make them shoot well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it's not! It's a 195 series. Make any difference?

Dummy me. I was going off of the Mini 14 non-Ranch that I kept for use, not the stored Mini14 Ranch Stainless/Synthetic.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
The 195-197 series was at the end of the older cutting dies for the barrels. They were getting worn out and it was noticed in shooting out of the box, sometimes only 5" groups, it was not the best year for the mini's. They retooled and made the barrels thicker, we noticed they would shoot better out of the box. It takes a few more tips and tricks to get the 195-197 series to shoot good.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
No it's not! It's a 195 series. Make any difference?

Dummy me. I was going off of the Mini 14 non-Ranch that I kept for use, not the stored Mini14 Ranch Stainless/Synthetic.
Its about the time frame of your original post. Nothing special, but some people like these early stainless/synthetic variations. probably in the $500 to $550 range to the right buyer. You would likely get top dollar at an auction site like gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com. The more good quality pictures you post, the better. Having the matching #'s box in a photo will help generate more interest in this item. Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In my neck of the woods it is worth $450 to $500.
Value varies depending on the area of the country you are selling it.
From what I have seen on this, and other websites, it would be worth the most in Commiefornia.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
In my neck of the woods it is worth $450 to $500.
Value varies depending on the area of the country you are selling it.
From what I have seen on this, and other websites, it would be worth the most in Commiefornia.
Thats where I'm from. I hear they are worth more in Kenedyville (Mass.), I think they only allow pre-ban mini's for sale there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts