Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't checked this site out in awhile until here recently when I got a scope for my mini and decided to start toying with it again. I've been checking this forum everyday for a week or two and it seems dead compared to 6 months ago. Did I miss something or do people normally come and go like I did?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
If your talking about the Mini forum most of the knowledgeable members got tired of the trolls that took over and left for other sites. That and lack of any kind of moderation. The news and political forum is pretty busy.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
If your talking about the Mini forum most of the knowledgeable members got tired of the trolls that took over and left for other sites. That and lack of any kind of moderation. The news and political forum is pretty busy.
^Yup. This site's admin/mods neglect the Mini forum (and all forums, TBH...) and allow trolls to overrun the place on a regular basis.

Most of us got fed up with it.

Having said that, the main reason I'm not fooling with my Mini at the moment is because I can't afford the ammo. That's assuming I can even find any. :lol:

I find myself gravitating toward my 10/22, given the current state of affairs. And RimfireCentral is the place for that...

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Man that's a shame, I thought it seemed less active than it used to be
Yep. The trolls pretty much trashed the fun over here. I'm still posting, but that's a combination of ill health + no practice ammo. If I could get .22's the way I used to burn through 'em I wouldn't be at the keyboard so much.

If you want to talk mini 14's, there's way less activity over at the moderated forums like pureguntalk than there used to be here, but the activity that's there is troll free. And you'll see a bunch of old names that used to hang around here, too.

Best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm pretty new here, so I don't know what it was like before. However, I will say that this site and the folks still around have been a great resource and very welcoming place for us Mini noobs with lots of questions. I dare say it's been the single most useful resource I've found relating to the Mini 14/30.

Don't sell this place short. It's still got legs.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
It is an excellent resource for info, no doubt. I just thought it seemed I little less active.
Yep, there's still great information here, but a lot of the regulars who were here a few months ago are either a lot less active or are active elsewhere. Look up the flame wars with "stars delta 7" and "drache teufel" for reference.

Didn't mean to imply the place was on its last legs - but it really has been sorry to see some of the people leave or fade into the woodwork.

Best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Yep it has been quite a while since I logged on, I check the page to read only, still some good info but quite a bit of trolling , or quibbles

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, I think the trolls have had a effect, but also with all the emphasis on the ammo shortage and the political battles most of the attention has gotten away from the guns themselves. Hopefully after everything settles down, the discussions will be more about the Mini.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm fairly new here but hit this site daily and have "subscriptions" up the yingyang. I've managed to continue enjoying it by creating a fairly large "ignore" list and life is much more pleasant without so much rancor. I suspect the ammo shortage has kept a lot of folks from seeing how their guns shoot (good, bad & ugly) and therefore want to post for help, celebrate a success or announce a new idea. Once more lead gets sent down range activity will pick up. I've gone to those other sites (with the familiar names from here) and there still is no way near the volume of posts on the Mini-14 as here. I would predict the "old timers" will return. I agree, it is a damn shame there is so little moderation here. It wouldn't take anyone more than one hour a week to cull the bad fruit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm fairly new here but hit this site daily and have "subscriptions" up the yingyang. I've managed to continue enjoying it by creating a fairly large "ignore" list and life is much more pleasant without so much rancor. I suspect the ammo shortage has kept a lot of folks from seeing how their guns shoot (good, bad & ugly) and therefore want to post for help, celebrate a success or announce a new idea. Once more lead gets sent down range activity will pick up. I've gone to those other sites (with the familiar names from here) and there still is no way near the volume of posts on the Mini-14 as here. I would predict the "old timers" will return. I agree, it is a damn shame there is so little moderation here. It wouldn't take anyone more than one hour a week to cull the bad fruit.
With the non-existent moderator presence, I'm surprised the spammers haven't taken over this place.

·
Registered
155 Posts
IMHO, I don't blame the trolls.
No blame really. We all have passions and they come and go.
When I first got into Mini's... I was always asking questions and even providing some answers.
Then I realized I was reading posts that were just duplicates of earlier threads.
So I quit reading stuff of the forums because it became redundant.
I think we all do that with our hobbies and the internet.
You go back from time to time but unless you are obsessed with some passion, you back off and find some new place to interact.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.