Perfect Union banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts
I agree with scorpion of mars. I picked up a windham weaponry src 308 to go with my m14 rifles. Both are bula forge m21 based.
I may build another upper with a longer barrel for the windham one day. That won't be until after I get my 3rd m14 built though. The ar platform is nice. It does have the advantage in the weight department. A piston driven ar has just never interested me. I've got my piston driven 308 base covered with the m14.

NMC EXP think I would be with you on the Ruger Precision Rifle though I have held one and already determined I am going to wait for the left hand version.

The original Project Manager for the M24 development is a good friend and he just got a RPR in the 6.5 variation and he likes it. I just sent him brass to make more ammo up for it.

Hopefully after my neck surgery I will be able to shoot my M1As again.

I have a new unfired Tikka stainless in 308 and have decided not to shoot it but sell/trade it for same thing in left hand but last I checked one in a medium heavy barrel is not available as yet.

Hook Boutin was a whiz on the M1A and soon as SA came out with the shorty M1A I was skeptical at first but Hook told me he was accurizing one to two a week for guys to take them back to Iraq/AGN and he told me he could get them to stay with a full up M1A hvy bbl when using a scope.

I had the pleasure to deal with Hook over the phone while searching for GI parts in '99, I wish I had met him in person.

The medium heavy 18" barrel that Smith Enterprise used on their military scoped MK14 Mod 0 was a force to be reckoned with. It was a shorty Crazy Horse M14 in a SAGE EBR, and it lead to some product upgrades from SAGE.

SEI's CQB-16 was originally requested by a group at Fort Bragg. The 'light weight' concept included a SAGE M14ALCS/CV with a folding butt stock, and that's how mine arrived in 2011. The standard weight 16.25" barrel has 4 grooves and a 1:10 ROT. Sadly, 0bama's presence killed the project - that's a shame because I believe a medium heavy 16.25" Crazy Horse barrel was planned.
It was I nice set-up, but I don't need a folder so I removed it.

In my previous post you'll note that I tried a folder on the light weight Blackfeather RS, and I think the group at Ft. Bragg would have preferred it.
I still don't need a folder, so I've removed the HERA SFU.

CQB-16 type SEI ~ 2016

Have both!
I have to agree, there's room in my shed for an extra tool or two. And I like good tools, not crap! I've had AR-15s for a while then finally bought an M1A Scout a year ago and last month a 16" LW ArmaLite AR-10A (the one that uses the original 1950s/SR-25/PMAG magazines).

I'm a hybrid myself, was trained and qualified expert on the M14 1966-69 and given the M16A1 in Nam (slipped through the cracks and never required to qualify). I liked both but really appreciated the light weight ArmaLite/Colt.

So today I'm enjoying the best of both worlds, there's plenty of room for the M1A and AR-10 and of course AR-15. If I was forced to choose I'd go with the ARs in 7.62 NATO and 5.56 NATO, there are so many advantages, but why not also have that old friend you feel so comfortable with.

PWS Mk216 or Mk220. Dead-bang reliability an sub MOA accuracy.

Problem solved.

I'm brand new here as of today but been on Snipershide for 7 years. Funny to read your post as guys over there are asking the same about their AR-10's, and such. I have a few Scar heavy's, a bunch of high end bolt guns like GAP's and today bought my first M1A from LRB. It's a 18" M25 barreled tanker in a birch stock and I can't wait to get it. I'm sure it'll be something I hang onto and pass down to my kids. So like someone above said, "get rid of it? I just got mine"

Discussion starter · #95 ·
Well, as we work toward the coming election, COMNAVKITCHENSINK just issued a new directive: All Semi-auto "Weapons of War upon our streets" must go before they are banned and lose their monetary value. Looks like it's bolt action or oblivion compadres!

Discussion starter · #97 ·
Figure I'll offer them to the relatives cheap. That way, on the off chance that Trump wins, it won't cost me to much to buy my favorites back if the situation arises. :lol:

81 - 100 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.