Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, Lots of posts/rumors on another forum that Bill Ruger died on Saturday... If true, a great man has passed, despite his motives on the high cap mag ban etc. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Larry C:usa:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
No I haven't heard anything about it. If its true we will be hearing more about it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Someone over at the Single Action Shooting Society site had a link to a Boston newspaper that was reporting his passing. I am in the process of hunting down the truth at this very moment, searching various forums and what not. If it is true, we have lost one of the greatest firearms designers in the later half of the 20th century, probably the greatest since John Browning. I don't like all of his political motives, but the man was a master at his craft!:( :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes...sadly it is true.

By Associated Press, 7/8/2002 20:55

PRESCOTT, Ariz. (AP) William B. Ruger, founder of Sturm, Ruger and Co. Inc., one of the largest firearms manufacturers in the United States, has died. He was 86.

Company officials said Ruger died Saturday at his home. The cause of his death wasn't immediately available. Ruger had been ill for some time.

The company, which has plants in Prescott, Newport, N.H. and Southport, Conn., makes rifles, shotguns, pistols and precision investment castings used in the aerospace, automotive, general manufacturing and golf markets.

Ruger, who was born in Brooklyn in 1916, had a hand in the design of every firearm his company ever produced.

He teamed with Alexander Sturm to form the company in 1949. His first firearm for the company, produced that year, was a .22-caliber target pistol that is still in widespread use today.

Ruger is survived by his son William Ruger Jr., the company's current chairman; a daughter, Carolyn Vogel; six grandchildren; and ten great-grandchildren. His wife, Mary Ruger, and a son, James Ruger, died before him.

Funeral services will be held Saturday in Croydon, N.H.

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/189/econom...liam_B_R:.shtml

1 - 5 of 5 Posts