Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a Trijicon Reflex II scope on their mini 14/30? Just curious to get some feedback on this scopes performance, and what one has to go through to mount it on a mini 14/30.

I like this scope due to the fact that it requires no battery....:)

Check it out at: www.trijicon.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does the lack of response mean that most people aren't using any sights, or that this sight is just a toy if once has the extra cash to play with? Just curious....

I appreciate anyone's opinion.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Blah -
My experience with the Trijcon scope is that they are way expensive, high end, professional grade optics (real swat team stuff). Someone who's into mini-14's probably in not interested in buying a scope that costs more than the rifle :eek:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Now I can respond, as I had no experience with the scope. I am getting a millet multi Red dot, for my pistola. It is very rugged, has held up being fired on a 454 Casule pistol. The dot is adjust-able from 3 MOA for target to 10 MOA for fast close range shooting. If I were going to mount a Red dot on a mini, I would consider it for $111 to $130. The single dot, your choice is about $80. You problably already know the MOA size is how many inches the dot covers at 100 yds. I still like my 3-9x40mm leupold for my mini.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I looked into them but I ended up going with an EOTECH Holosight. Its mounted on an Aimtech scout rail on my GB folder. I carry it daily in my patrol car as my duty rifle. The Mini is the only approved rifle in my department. For me it was a matter of convenience as there is a local Law Enforcement dealer that sells the Holosight and keeps them in stock. Also other than the scout rail I didnt need to buy an additional mount like you do for the Reflex, so it saved me some money too. I still haven't had to deal with dead batteries at an inopertune time and if it does happen Ill probably curse my decision, as the Reflex is a great sight.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Ajy, maby you can clear something up for me? Is the purpose of the scout set up (scope mounted forward?) so you can aim with both eyes open?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's the basic idea. It allows for quicker sight acquisition. I definitely can pick up things quicker than with my scoped rifles (with standard style mounts). Also, the mount system I used allows quick transformation to the iron sights if the Holosight malfunctions.
If I can figure out how to put a picture in here Ill post one of my rifle so you can see how the setup looks.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Thanks Ajy, I wonder if those digital cameras, ya hook directly to the computer for $29 will work. I'm going to check it out this weekend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have and have used both the Aimtech and Ranch Products mount. The Ranch products mount that replaces the upper gas block is actually more secure and less prone to movement and problems than the Aimtech. The reason I use the Aimtech is that it has a Milspec rail that accepts all types of mounts/sights set up for this system including the Holosight and the Trijicon Reflex and ACOG, which were originally designed for military usage. The Ranch products mount is set up to take scope rings and would need another piece such as a Weigand rail on top to then take these same types of sights. If you are using a scope I would probably use the Ranch products mount. It tooka second Aimtech mount being mailed to me over night after the first one wouldn't keep its zero, before I could properly set up and trust this mount. Don't get me wrong, when set up right it's great and the people I dealt with at Aimtech were the best. That second one was overnighted at no charge with out the first one being sent back. I now have in excess of 1500 rounds thru it and carry it as a duty weapon, so I do trust my life with it.
The Aimtech rail also definitely looks better on the gun in my opinion also, if that matters to you.
By the way I found a friend with a digital camera so Ill try to get a picture on here within the next couple of days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts