Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just how much does the USGI M2 bipod effect accuracy as copaired with the Harris? Does the Harris bipod damage the stock. I have a new Springfield with a NM/SS barrel. I am new to M1A's

No Longer Involved
I moved this topic from "Ask the Webmaster" to the M14/M1A section.

Anyone have any opinions?

In general, a bipod can have varying affects on accuracy. In order to properly "set" a bipod for quick followup shots, you will typically lean into the bipod to preload it against recoil. Problem is, you are also preloading the barrel and if you don't prelaod the same each time, it will lose accuracy.

In other words, a bipod isn't a tool, in this case, for accuracy, as much as it is an expedient. With this rifle, it helped with full auto burts, which aren't really accurate in the first place.

------------------
[email protected]
PerfectUnion.com - It's about Freedom, Stupid!

Registered
The Harris bi pod is the way to go. It mounts on the stock and the GI attaches to the gas cylinder. The GI is a very study set up but looks and feels like someone glued a coal shovel to the front of the rifle. Joe

Registered
:sniper: If your lookin' to do any serious shootin' go with the Harris bipod, the mil. issue does affect accuracy because of the mounting system.;)

Registered
Bought a new in wrapper U.S.G.I. issue bi-pod ( and I agree it feels like a coal shovel ) Kept loosening up, so I kept re-tightening the allen screw. I finally managed to overtighten and broke the casting. I wish I had the $75.00 back to put into a Harris Bi-pod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.