Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had 6 more scavenged by locusts
i'm now the last Patched Member of Alabama Divine Cruisers RC........
tasked w/finding a new Pres. & rebuilding my Chapter by Spring
I'm a National Nomad......and Bama Pres. Temp. by default ( I ride w/no personal ID or rank patches)....that doesn't want to be Pres.
Cruising for a Cause is our motto & way of life....Veterans, Housefire victims, Cancer Patients, Hospice......it's what we do !
Possibly opening a N.C.Chapter in 6/22.........along w/ Ga. & Alabama ( such as Bama is currently )
Even my Son Nick is a (posthumus) Member......

Attachments

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
being given carte' blanche to do, say, & be what you want because you're the last Mohican........tasked with the monumental & zero resources (sp?) to accomplish it........
Smells like a new beginning for the Chapter !

after it's done sucking in a day or 2..........

another hail Mary Coach Saban?.......sure, i'm old, not dead !

in an odd twist, my wife doesn't want to be "1st Lady".....but supports me in....whatever

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since i'm still "waxing nostalgic" i'm going to post a few pics of my GREAT times with my Club thru the years......
Footwear Jeans Plant Water Natural landscape

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

Clothing Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Last pic is me & Nick Christmas '96....rode the little red Suzuki for 3 years w/no real injury.
Given a car & died in it within a month
I'll post more fun pics later........

·
Registered
297 Posts
I worked at an independent bike shop as parts pusher for 16 years. The motorcycle world is changing. And I'm not sure for the better.
Industry leaders have done studies that suggest millennial an x gen find bikes as hazardous. Plus world wide record number of people aren't getting their drivers license.
All the bike makers are in trouble. That said covid did gave em a spike but it's not expected to last because like cars their are few bikes in the showrooms. Not sure how it's gonna shake out.

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I worked at an independent bike shop as parts pusher for 16 years. The motorcycle world is changing. And I'm not sure for the better.
Industry leaders have done studies that suggest millennial an x gen find bikes as hazardous. Plus world wide record number of people aren't getting their drivers license.
All the bike makers are in trouble. That said covid did gave em a spike but it's not expected to last because like cars their are few bikes in the showrooms. Not sure how it's gonna shake out.

very astute observation !

like the "music booms", biking has had it's feasts & famines since there've been bikes
my Club has been absolutely crippled by a new club in the area.........i'm the last of 40+ in Bama, & Ga. is below 20 from 60+.....the ones not joining it are scared and just quitting OUR Club........sad really.
Spring is coming & we'll pick up a few new members......

edit to add..........of course, not everyone has been riding for 44 yrs either, and most are just scared of their shadows nowadays.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.