Perfect Union banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How important is it to have the handguard ferrule pinned to the handguard/gas tube? The handguard ferrule itself is in place as is the handguard and the gas tube is locked in as it is supposed to be. However, there is not a pin holding the handguard ferrule to the gas tube. I would just as soon not pin it/leave the pin out so that I have have easier/quicker access to the underneath of the handguard for cleaning the outside of the gas tube. The only danger I can imagine is losing the handguard ferrule when the gun is apart for cleaning. Otherwise, the pin seems to serve no other purpose than holding the handguard ferrule in place.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The only danger I can imagine is losing the handguard ferrule when the gun is apart for cleaning. Otherwise, the pin seems to serve no other purpose than holding the handguard ferrule in place.
That's probably true. I tend to leave things in "as designed and issued" condition so as to maintain reliability. Anything tampered with reduces the amount of trust you may have in whether the weapon will or will not work when you need it most, but to each his own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts