Perfect Union banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering what you guys are shooting out of your GSR's? And what accuracy you guys are getting out of it. I haven't been having luck with my reloads and I'm looking to see what others have achieved.

· Registered
24 Posts
Dh1633pm
Yes, it is my go to hunting/coyote removal tool. I probably have about 500+ rounds through it so far. I use a Nikon EER 2-8 bdc scope,and a Yankee hill phantom 2 muzzle brake. It carries easy all day while hunting and shoots better the more I spend time with it.
I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

· Registered
7,312 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at them and thinking of adding one to the collection. I could think of nothing better than dispatching a coyote (yes we have them in NY) with a nice .308. Which I already load for another rifle that I sold. I would also add a break to the rifle.

· Registered
1,250 Posts
Lemur: I shoot 147gr M80 Ball recycled bullets over 45.0 gr of IMR 4895.

My best group so far was 7/8" for 5 rnds. Taht is with a 5x scope. I am expecting to tighten that up simply by the attachment of a 3x9 Scope.

My gun really came into its own after about 200 rounds. Now it even shoots Cast Boolits well. The barrels definately need some breaking in. I have not heard of any GSR with accuracy problems and I run a thread over at Castboolits.com that has been going for 2 years now and has 17 pages and 360+ comments on these guns.

There are no negative comments from actual owners of the gun.

From what I have heard the two powders working the best in thse guns is IMR4895 and AA 2250.

I have heard that Varget does not work that well, but I think it is all a matter of what your particular gun likes, because Varget certainly does work in 308's.

You are looking for about 2600 fps from the 16" bbl. Hi-midrange loading data (2750-2800fps) for a 22" bbl will get you there.

Randy

· Registered
1,250 Posts
Here's my last target when sighting in the new scope. first shot was after bore sighting then walked around target. in order shown by numbers.

Randy

Attachments

· Registered
107 Posts
I use Varget in mine and it loves it! I am hesitant to post pictures of actual groups, because I would bet it wouldn't be very long before folks accused me of some form of skullduggery! I can't say how happy I am with this rifle. I would agree with Randy in that most of the negative comments come from people who don't own one or don't like the scout concept.

· Registered
10 Posts
I don't care too much for the actual "scout" concept. I bought it because it gave me what I always wanted in a all around bolt action. Like .308 caliber, carbine barrel lenght that fits in the little compartment in my Jeep and what I cant find anyplace, a great set of Iron sights. My accuracy tests are bowling pins at 200 yards and a stray Yote that was roaming my spot that I usualy hunt quail at. It does great using Wolf and surplus "CAVIN" ammo. I have a bucket of "POF?" ammo that was in 250 round linked MG belts that I will be trying out when it cools off a little outside. I havent scoped it yet. I need a decent sling for it now :)

· Registered
1,978 Posts
I patiently waited for my green laminate GSR to come in. Irons were on paper at 50 yards right out of the box and I had it to 3 inches in one box of American Eagle. I'm thinking you're right ECVMatt, if you like the GSR, it works for you. Like a lotta things in life. I've put exactly 20 rounds through mine, but I loved the concept and the guy whose name is on it before I pulled the trigger.

· Registered
1,250 Posts
You got a green one? I assume it is the same color as the new "guide gun" they are selling?

Very cool!

Randy

· Registered
1,978 Posts
Hmmm, long dry spell between updates; sorry. The green isn't the same as the green mountain Ruger stock on the guide gun or some 10/22s (although that would be cool too). It's an olive drab and dark gray combo. I love it and am glad I was patient.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.