Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to a big gun show today and have never seen such craziness. The crowd was overwhelming. What ammo was there was more than triple in price....didn't matter what caliber. Seen a GB mini beat to crap for $1600, and all used AR's were at least double, the new one's triple in price. Hand guns were about 50 to 100 bucks higher. No reloading supplies to be found....usually you can find anything you want. Shotgun prices seemed normal though....not sure why. Needless to say, a lot of PO'd people and very little buying. Any good deals, which were few, was going on in the parking lot. The best thing I saw were people joining the NRA, including me. I hope and pray this is only temporary and folks wake up. Really sad. I'm sure it's similar everywhere.:( What are you guys seeing? Sorry, I should have posted this in one of the present threads....my bad.

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Went to a big gun show today and have never seen such craziness. The crowd was overwhelming. What ammo was there was more than triple in price....didn't matter what caliber. Seen a GB mini beat to crap for $1600, and all used AR's were at least double, the new one's triple in price. Hand guns were about 50 to 100 bucks higher. No reloading supplies to be found....usually you can find anything you want. Shotgun prices seemed normal though....not sure why. Needless to say, a lot of PO'd people and very little buying. Any good deals, which were few, was going on in the parking lot. The best thing I saw were people joining the NRA, including me. I hope and pray this is only temporary and folks wake up. Really sad. I'm sure it's similar everywhere.:( What are you guys seeing? Sorry, I should have posted this in one of the present threads....my bad.
I've seen some craziness as well. Went to the base exchange one day to check out prices, about a week later I went back and ALL of their rifles were sold out.

I happen to be on the NRA website as I type, signing up for membership.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
USSF06 All your fellow patriots appreciate your actions. If not the NRA, I hope folks will support other org's that favor our 2nd and 1st Amend rights....you cant have one without the other. Thank you for your service.

All of the LGS in my area are pretty much wiped out, the popular items won't be had for at least 4 months they say.....but at higher prices I'm sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went to the one in Ontario, Ca. The most crazy event ever! So far over priced on everything. Mini 14 mag rebuilds were selling for $70! .223 was in stock but they were raping the buyers with the price!

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I went to the one in Ontario, Ca. The most crazy event ever! So far over priced on everything. Mini 14 mag rebuilds were selling for $70! .223 was in stock but they were raping the buyers with the price!
70 bucks is nuts.. that place is classic though. I went a few months ago and dipsh¡t bros were putting their freshly bought rebuild kits together right outside the entry doors.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I'm hearing/seeing a moderating level of panic here.

Dropped by Academy yesterday and they apparently sold out of 5.56 within minutes of opening the doors - there was a line just waiting for ammo. Did score a couple of boxes of 7.62x39 154gr JSP though, and saw that they had the 9mm Nato loads that Winchester sells in stock (too hot for my P1 so no joy there). Just last week that wouldn't have happened - they were cleaned out of all the modern military calibers.

Friend of mine reported on a used AR that went for $2200, but sales on the silly-high priced stuff does seem to be slowing. Heard tell of a couple of $1600 I.O. AK's that are warming the bench right now. Last week I think they would have blown out the door.

Wait for the panic to pick up again when Feinstein's bill hits the floor. If you are considering doing some profit taking on anything you have an overstock on, now is your prep time to make your decision and clear it with your conscience IMHO. Or take inventory and stock up on what you are short on. I think we're going to have a little bit of a lull for the next 2 weeks, God willing.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
The sporting goods person at my local Wal-mart reports that her scan of the empty ammo slots in the display cabinet indicate that the calibers scanned show that the regional distribution center is completely empty of that ammo (.223, 7.62x39, 9mm, .40 S&W, 270 win 130 gr., .308 win (Federal, Winchester - (under $20 a box variety)). This is the Distribution Center for all of California, south of Redding. (Basicly, all the Wal-marts in Ca.). FYI.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The sporting goods person at my local Wal-mart reports that her scan of the empty ammo slots in the display cabinet indicate that the calibers scanned show that the regional distribution center is completely empty of that ammo (.223, 7.62x39, 9mm, .40 S&W, 270 win 130 gr., .308 win (Federal, Winchester - (under $20 a box variety)). This is the Distribution Center for all of California, south of Redding. (Basicly, all the Wal-marts in Ca.). FYI.
The same in Iowa as well. Part of it is the Christmas/New Years holiday. It will be two full weeks before the factories are up to production and are shipping. kwg

·
Registered
804 Posts
I went to a show yesterday, in Pa. and there was a gun dealer who the last time I saw him had somewhat normal prices. Such as a customized Saiga 12ga. with a 20 round drum, that was $1500.00 now going for $4000.00. The most ridiculously priced item he had was a Century Arms, thumb fingered monkey built CETME going for $1800.00. That's more than half of what I paid for my CAI CETME. I laughed in the guys face, and asked how his sales were, was told not good, and he couldn't understand why.

:beer::rapid:

·
Registered
311 Posts
The newcomers without ANY military arms will blow their wad and drive the panic buy. Guys who already have some stuff will sit tight. Eventually the newcomer disposable income is disposed, the guys like me who need just a few things to clean up a few projects will get their stuff, and the shelves will replenish.

Or our Dear Leader will bypass Congress and subvert the Constitution with an executive order and we're all screwed. Congress will shrug instead of impeaching the bastard for usurping their authority to write law, and we'll either go down the path to Marxism or we'll do something else.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
bought this bad boy at Crossroads of the West yesterday...

only cost me 1200 buck

they said its actually made at Izhevsk

·
Registered
115 Posts
The newcomers without ANY military arms will blow their wad and drive the panic buy. Guys who already have some stuff will sit tight. Eventually the newcomer disposable income is disposed, the guys like me who need just a few things to clean up a few projects will get their stuff, and the shelves will replenish.

Or our Dear Leader will bypass Congress and subvert the Constitution with an executive order and we're all screwed. Congress will shrug instead of impeaching the bastard for usurping their authority to write law, and we'll either go down the path to Marxism or we'll do something else.

If/when he does that do you think the SWHTF, and do you think THAT is exactly what he/they want so the hammer can be dropped after they shut off the bare eccentals and the sheepeople beg for order and receive it?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Who knows what a tyrant is capable of. Because he feels no Constitutional restraint, no loyalties to our Nation, was re-elected by a decent majority of the citizens, and would only be impeded by less than 50% of Congress and Supreme Court I guess he'll do as he damn well pleases. Tyranny feels yucky, huh.

·
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!
11,121 Posts
My .02 cents worth:

1) New AWB will not pass congress.
2) Obama will sign executive order, late on a Friday, just as he's hopping on a plane for somewhere he can't be reached....

3) This will not cause world war III, or the next US Civil War, but about 30 states will swiftly pass the following:

a) As the POT laws in WA/CO/CA, where the feds say it's illegal to have/smoke pot, but the states say we have no problems with it.. The 30 or so States will pass laws that clearly ignore the EO, and re-enforce the 2A, and even push back any control the BATFE has in that State on items MADE, SOLD and USED in that state. (IE Intrastate trade, not Interstate that the feds can regulate.)
b) Made will be set as: Made, produced, packaged or assembled in the State... (IE: buy spam can's from China full of cheap 7.62x39? Slap a "Packaged in Idaho" sticker on it, and it's now no longer a BATFE issue, since the state says it's fine.)
c) All current BATFE regulations on over all length, barrel length, pistols, carbines, PDW's and even suppressors and select fire will be state specific. (IE: Made in Idaho? It's legal in Idaho...)

And what will happen in the 20 or so States where Obama's crew runs the show? They will weep, wail and pee their panties, but with 30 States clearly saying "F-You" Mr. Obama, we will run ourselves, just as the 10'th Admendment states we have the right too, and you will do nothing about it.

It will be a great day to live in one of those 30 States, and you poor souls who live in the other 20 will be again reminded you live with the Devil'
s that you elected.

Further, crime in the 30 states will drop, as it rises out of control in the new EO "Gun Free Zone's" set up by Obama's buddies in power.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Sounds good Adjuster.
It would be nice if the term "Nullify" became popular.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glad to live in Texas

I want the whole country to stand up for their Constitutional rights. Along the lines of the earlier posts, I am glad Gov. Perry will resist these Federal mandates if created.

401 Posts
Collected about 2000 rounds of 223 and 1500 rounds of .45 9-6 months before the election. Good stuff at that.

I saw this coming. Romney had no chance. A dead fish with his head to far up Fox new's turd clipper. A candidate can't just ignore all numbers but the ones he wants to hear. A dead fish in my book. Hell I can't stand the guy. Guess its the Union Iron Worker in me.

From my perspective I feel the NRA is actual hyping this crap way out of proportion, but of course I am stocked up for now. Won't be spending too much time at the range this summer though. Was just about to introduce my oldest to the mini.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
bought this bad boy at Crossroads of the West yesterday...

only cost me 1200 buck

they said its actually made at Izhevsk
you got a receipt for that EVIL red two prong flash hider on your new rifle?
don't try to foist it off as a muzzle brake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts