·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you own one?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I read this thread a while ago and never answered for the same reasons. I think the majority of "Shooters" own a Gunsafe but like me, don't have one big enough to hold all guns. In my safe the most expensive guns get a warm home, the lower cost guns have special places around the house. Even though they are cheaper I would not want to lose them though.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have one of those Homak steel cabinets. Its always locked and screwed into the wall and the floor. only the Air rifle is not in the cabinet. I have 2 children and it wouldn't do to leave any firearms unsecured.

:cannon:

Armor Rules TC

·
Registered
109 Posts
Picked up my safe about two years ago, thought I had plenty of room, now I have to get pretty creative on getting them in there. guns are like popcorn I guess.

tankcommanger. Good to see another tread head out there. Did time with the 14th cav, 11th cav and 2nd armored myself.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
maddon,

good to hear from you I'm also a fellow Cav trooper. I spent 2 years in A troop 1/11 ACR in Fulda from 77-79."BLACK HORSE".
When were you in? I got my border certificate and old black beret.
Started on Sheridans and now I'm a PSG in the Guard, with M1s.
Did a tour in the 24th Mech 5/32armor but I don't like to talk about that.

Guns do tend to multiply, you can't have just one. Like patato chips. My case is full, the handguns are on the floor between the rifles in their boxes.

Armor Rules TC

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tankcommander,

Did my time with the 11th acr in 69-70 in sunny vietnam, started with K-troop as a 60 gunner then went to hht and became a tc on a zippo. Definitely had some fun guns to play with there, ever kill a deer with a ma deuce? :D :rapid:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
maddon, I did try to get one with a 20mm in bore device at Ft Dix
while gunning a M48A5. It wasn't boresighted right and I hit way over, deer didn't even flinch. The coax wasn't loaded other wise I would have hosed him with7.62. It's hard to do anything like that anymore Army getting to PC and environmentally friendly.

God bless you and thank you for what you did over there. I was proud to follow in your footsteps. I served with quite a few Nam vets in my time and I salute you :usa:

Take care and keep your powder dry. BLACK HORSE!

Armor Rules TC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts