Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Package A is bedding stock, trigger job, and gas port bushings. I would like to have the barrel shortened like the NRA model but I think I'll leave it at 18.5" for the velocity. Has anyone been as nervous as me about shipping my gun across the country? I'm in NC, he's in Montana

·
Registered
74 Posts
Whenever I have shipped any of my firearms , I like to ship them overnight with 1 day shipping. You can track it and you kinda know where it is at all times. Might cost a little more but helps me to sleep better at night . Kinda like knowing where your children are at all times.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had John (GunDoc) do a trigger job for me twice. It turned out perfect. He is easy to work with and I would not hesitate to send him my gun. He is a one man operation, but the turnaround time is very good. Simply put, send him your Mini and you'll be a happy camper when he returns it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had him cut,crown,thread and duracoat my stainless 580. The interaction was quick and easy. The shipping (both ways) from Kansas City Metro was no problem and the work is flawless. I always read good things about John and now I know why.

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
I had the GunDoc trigger job on my Mini 14 (5817) last year and was a vast improvement. If you wait he usually runs a special around the hoildays. I also considered some other mods but he talked me out of it. He probably has more knowledge and experience with the Mini 14/30 mods than anyone I've seen. After about 100 rounds with the new trigger a problem developed and I sent GunDoc a PM and he made it right pronto and even said I had a lifetime warranty. His lifetime not mine.:lol: Long live GunDoc!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Package A is bedding stock, trigger job, and gas port bushings. I would like to have the barrel shortened like the NRA model but I think I'll leave it at 18.5" for the velocity. Has anyone been as nervous as me about shipping my gun across the country? I'm in NC, he's in Montana
No experience with Gundoc, but some with shipping rifles - make sure it is well packed. Original box if you have it. Make sure to also use an outer box that does not give any indication there is a rifle inside. Use UPS or FedEx. Both provide station by station tracking and both are very reliable.

I'm not sure overnight is any more safe or secure, but I suppose there is less handling involved by the carrier. Personally, I wouldn't spend the extra money, but if I helps you sleep better go for it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
He did my SS ranch...

Bedding, crown, thread and mount a brake (perfectly aligned) plus a trigger job but no gas port work. Will do it with my next one. I just noticed today he also installed a rear buffer.

·
jandg
6 Posts
I've had John do two Package B's for my minis (one with wood stock and the other with an ATI).

Couldn't be happier - good work, usually quicker than he estimates and a pleasure to work with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.