Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while walking the aisles of this weekend's gunshow, i came across some new in package Stoner mags. me being the creative little monkey i am, started thinkin if anyone has modified a Stoner mag to work in a mini14....if possible.

it has the pin hole on the front side and the spot welded seam on the back. to me, if one could notch the seam, it would work.

has anyone tried it and if you did, what were the results?

i could be way out of the realm of a good thought or maybe have a workable solution.

i did see some thermold 30s marked for $50. i passed. spent my funds on some once shot brass instead.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
I think you would have to weld a piece of flat sheetmetal on the back (like PMI, Fed Ord mags) for the latch to be alligned correctly. Probably not worth the effort unless the stoner mags are dirt cheap. You might also need to change out the mag follower and spring. My 2c.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm just not all that familiar with the finer points between some of the 'similar styles' of mags and that's why i asked.

occasionally a Macguyver kind of mind can get ya in more trouble than it's worth.

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
I could write a list 10 miles long of the regrets I have in the past 2 months. 6 months I think Id fill the PU server hard drives up with regrets. Shame hindsight is 20/20....
Possibility of a new thread..."if i knew then what i do today"

Here's my list to start..

1) Sold that Sig P226 with 16 extended mags and tactical grips for a song to son-in-law and he has yet to shoot it (damn me and him)
2) Had a Beretta CX storm ordered to go (from above sale) with the PX storm and magazines and cancelled (f-me-naked)
3) Had 1000 rounds of AE 223/5.56 ordered from Cabelas on 12/20/2012 for 6.99 per box and cancelled (Online sales rep even callled me to confirm cancellation)

that's just a start in the last 9 months and I could go on and on.

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Top ones for me are:

1) Should have gotten that m1a socom (LOVE my mini 30, but this is what I originally wanted)
2) Should have stocked up ammo from georgia arms when they were at the silverado gun show last october
3) Should have grabbed those mags for the pistol..

Yeah my list could go on and on and on.

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
4th) M1A (not a new one)
5th) SIG P226 SS Elite
6th) Ruger 10/22
7th) FN FiveseveN
8th) FN F2000

oh well...live is short after all

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
bought more 10/22s. and butler creek mags.
I bought the last 2 d ick's had on black friday sale for 179$$ each. sold one and several hi-caps to a nephew - try to find those now. a cop told me sunday that a local outdoors mom&pop had 525rd bulk federal .22 @ 100$$ he could'nt find plinking ammo to take his grandson plinking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.