Perfect Union banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheaper then dirt is not selling guns at all. They took them of their web page.

What you think, the manufactures are not producing guns waiting to see what the law makers in Washington DC are going to do?

I was looking at some magazines form MIDWAY USA they pushed them out until 2/28/13.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I believe the gun manufactures are making them as fast as they can right now, orders from their distributors are over the top right now. As far as Cheaper then Dirt, they will never get another dime of my money.

·
Registered
8,366 Posts

What you think, the manufactures are not producing guns waiting to see what the law makers in Washington DC are going to do?

I was looking at some magazines form MIDWAY USA they pushed them out until 2/28/13.
Hi Magog;

My take is that they are pumping 'em out as fast as they can, but we're buying 'em faster.

As far as 'no backorders' is concerned, I can see two reasons why Midway might do this:
1. Any backorder that goes beyond when a new law could be rammed through (and a mag ban is the one most likely to pass IMHO) will be a PITA to an etailer - what happens if its illegal to sell the thing?
2. The supply of new mags is so sketchy that I can't imagine its comforting to the customer service people fielding questions about backorders. "Why is it late", etc.

For now, if you have enough mags I would suggest springs and parts, as well as ammo on a catch as catch can basis. Also, get your vapor corrosion inhibitor bags and some kind of beta-site storage arrangements for your spare guns. That way if anything happens you can always re-equip yourself after losing your primary battery.

Just a thought.
Good luck and be strong,
Grumpy

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe the gun manufactures are making them as fast as they can right now, orders from their distributors are over the top right now. As far as Cheaper then Dirt, they will never get another dime of my money.
I agree, they (CTD) Is fine when everything is "OK" in the Gun/outdoor world and then when things go south they bail on selling what has kept them going all this time.

·
Registered
26 Posts

They can't sell what they don't have.

If you haven't noticed, people are snapping up anything that may be banned. Smaller firearms manufacturers and many retailers are not answering the phones at all, and are not taking any more back orders. Some are working 12-14 hour shifts to fill recent orders. Any popular firearms that were in the system, or on a truck, before the big rush are sold and gone before they get to the sales counter.

Brownells sold 3 1/2 years worth of PMAG AR-15 magazines in just 72 hours. They also say that they have sold "an even greater amount" of their own Brownells AR-15 magazines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My local gun store (Spring Guns and Ammo) looks like it got looted. One of the managers told me a few weeks ago that they cant order any semi-autos, but some stuff does show up unpredictably (bunch of nice Sigs). Their Glock case--empty.

I asked again last week about availability (found a gun online but wanted to give them my business if possible) and was told not only has it not improved but has gotten worse.

I bought 5 guns last year, wished now I had doubled that.

Even my 9th grade daughter gets whats going on. She said "that the government trying to take our guns away is just what happened in Russia under Stalin." Simplistic but I dont know that she is entirely inaccurate.

Cheers

JB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts