Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all got a question and I know you guys can help.

My wife was going to purchase me a new gun cabinet/safe (Sentinel brand) for my birthday at Wal-Mart. The clerk there said she had to fill out forms and wait 10 days before purchase of the safe.

My question is why?! We unfortunatly live in Kalifornia and am wondering if that is exactly why the paperwork and wait. But what the hell for? It's not a gun, it's a gunsafe/cabinet after all!

Thanks,

Stu Thorneloe
:usa:

·
Registered
72 Posts
From what I have read about Kalifornia!! You should move, sounds like like they want to keep track of people who own guns that are stored also!!!.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my Sentinel gun safe and pistol safe that attaches on top of the gun safe from Walwart in So. Calif. and there was no signatures or waiting.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My God, I hope that even a safe purchase does not require a waiting period!!! In our politically @!#$%[email protected]% State however, I would not be surprised!! I was just reading about more DMV fees, a smoking tax, a 5 cent per round tax, a soda tax, more fishing areas (salt water) being closed, a $300 million dollar shortfall for our local schools, and our stinking Governor sticking up anyone he comes across for more money to get elected...Makes us glad we all live in the Golden State huh..:)

Larry:eek:

G

·
Probably some kid who didn't quite understand the rules, or just some anti-gunner lashing out and trying to make it harder on "some gun-crazed nut."

Yet another reason to avoid Wal-mart. I've avoiding purchasing anything from them for about 11 months now. Hopefully, I can go the rest of my life without ever having to visit them again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm aware of NO waiting periods on a safe....did they also ask her to bring in the firearms for them to hold because she didn't have a safe to keep them in??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey folks,

First of all, thanks for all your responses.

Second, I went by my Wal-Mart today and spoke with a manager (I think was the Sporting Goods Dept Manager) and cleared up the problem. They have some guy working there who really doesn't grasp english very well (big surprise) and that was the whole problem. There's no waiting period or paperwork on purchasing a safe at Wal-Mart.

Thanks again and good shootin' to yall,

Stu

·
Registered
72 Posts
Stu, It is probably worth another call,just to remind them how many other customers they have turned off by the lack of english and understanding!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont know if this is some sort of "wally mart trend" but the beast behind the counter at my local wally mart wanted to know what I "planned on using the .22 shells for I was requesting" I told her to mind her own business and cough up the shells before I fall down and hurt my back :rolleyes:
AU2

·
Registered
30 Posts
7mm;
I didnt give enough info. I live in Illinois, here we must present a valid F.O.I.D. card to even handle ammo. The sale was already completed. I'm fat and 40, not squeaky and 18. She was just being nosey!!! And no, our local gunshops (what few are left) are manned by fellow gun enthusiasts.
Sorry for any confusion.
Cheers, AU2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts