Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance for the off topic and unusual thread, I was going to just send him a pm, but decided to post it publicly.

I'm 54 years old, and while I don't expect to kick the bucket tomorrow, I sense my mortality more every day. One of the ways this affects me, is that I now try to make a point of letting "good people" know that I think they are "good people". For me, that's the ultimate compliment and hopefully acknowledging it when you see it gives the "good people" some sort of validation of their convictions, and maybe a smile. ( damn, I sound like some bleeding heart liberal )

I've only been here a few weeks, and with only a couple of exceptions, I like and enjoy everyone who posts here, but one really stands out to me.

grumpy_old_man, you're "good people". You are obviously a man of kindness, character, intelligence, integrity and humor. Thank you for your presence here. You are a large part of what makes this forum informative and enjoyable. I'd love to shake your hand and drink a beer with you some day.

·
Registered
169 Posts
+1 guys,

He's the type that can school you without insulting you or trying to make you feel stupid (an exceedingly rare quality, especially on the internet.) Being 25 its sort of odd, but I'd rather talk to him or some of the older members on this forum for a whole Day than talk to a lot of the ones in my age bracket for a whole Hour.

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
+1 on Old Grump, I'll give him a +100 after he invites me to his private shooting range with keg and cigars afterward.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There was once a time in our Nation when age and wisdom were respected, indicating more emphasis on the true basis of what really counts which is not self and instant gratification. Rather it is an appreciation of our hertiage which is passed from one generation to another. Therefore, I find it gratifying to find that Old Grumpy is appreciated on this site. Being an old Submariner, I would gladly consider him a Shipmate.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So, Grumpy, Where are you? Looks like everyone threw you a "he's a jolly good fellow" party, and you didn't show up. Seriously, always an interesting and thought provoking read from "The Old Man". Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.