Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Greg 1911 if you are talking about the military FMJ, try shotgun news. Frankly I've tried them because they were cheap, and not very accurate. I've have better luck with Barnaul FMJ ammo. and it was cheaper than the other's and shoots better. Good luck! I've stayed away from the plastic tip varmit bullets as the thin jacket on the varmit bullets can come apart with the high rotational speed of the bullet of the 1and9twist mini 14 barrel. I've never experienced this but read the warnings. Find a bullet that is accurate in your rifle and stick to it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Greg..... Sounds like you are looking for SS 109 rounds These steel core rounds, are made by a number of countries. USA Winchester makes them, as well as the British, Isreal, Canadians, Russians, etc. The "green tip" is a 62 grain round developed in the 1970's as the initial .223 was not suited for heavy cover etc. They cost a tad more than regular rounds but, are plentyful. I like them, and always keep a bunch around. I have also seen "Red tips" as well as Black. The Canadian version has no color on the tip at all. Only a magnet can detect the steel core. As mentioned, look in the Shotgun News as they are all over the place. Hell, even the Greeks make this NATO round. Hope this helps....

Larry:usa:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts