Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cabin borders miles & miles of forest trails, with lots of gravel pits to set up plinking ranges and such. :cool:

My favorite transportation to get out in the sticks is my quadrunner, so I'm setting up a kind of slick little backpack for my AR, with personal touches for a more secure finished product than stock.

I've seen stronger backpacks, but I thought I would give this bag a try with enough modifications to keep things in place while transporting it through the woods.

Hopefully this thing will be strong enough...it feels like it should be anyway...:rolleyes:

Anyway, thought I'd show it off before the gun falls out. :lol:

·
Registered
343 Posts
looks like that would work, but what if you needed it in a hurry?
How many mags can the bag old?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like that would work, but what if you needed it in a hurry?
How many mags can the bag old?
I'm just making it to transport the rifle in the woods without the pack sticking up above me and snagging branches etc. so this will work for that purpose well enough.

Suppose the bag could hold several mags, it has another compartment on the other side that is as large as the one holding the rifle.

Would just have to come up with a system to hold them.

I like the bag for transport on my quad, but the zippers could have been a little larger IMHO...on the other hand, it is the straps that are supporting the weight of the rifle so the zippers just need to keep the flaps closed, and not much more.

Modified a standard rifle case awhile back for transporting my folding stock Mini-30, but this rifle needs to be broken down to get it that compact.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wow thats a pretty Mini!!!

Now I get the transport issue - you don't have racks on the quad. (thats a sport quad, not a work horse like my Kodiak which has racks)

You could hand stitch some velcro or elastic in to the other side to hold multiple mags (or get your wife to do it - LOL!!)

·
Registered
852 Posts
A little duct tape couldn't hurt!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little duct tape couldn't hurt!
You know the funny part is that the tape would be strong enough to carry this accurate light little rifle. :cool:

Been doing this sort of thing for years, :) and the rifles have gotten more compact over time, and now its time for light weight as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts