Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dump'n out 556!
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engraved and ready to Rock

Draco Mini
TWS Dogleg, Heavily modified Ultimate arms hand guard, UA pistol grip, MOE foregrip. Eotech (knockoff), Sig MCX folder, ALG AKT trigger.

Taking it to the range on Thursday. Ill report back.

Attachments

·
Dump'n out 556!
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Range day was somewhat disappointing.

THe cons:
Consistent stovepipe every 6 to 8 rounds.
Hand guard loosened up.
Sight sucks ( 15$ amazon one I had on it as a pistol was better)

The pros:
Stock works fantastic. Length of pull and cheek height feel great. Beats on the shoulder a bit
Trigger is awesome (but may be contributing to stovepipe).

Notes on the stovepipes:
The new hammer is still wearing into the bolt carrier. Not sure if the front shape is different, but it sure puts a tight pull on the bolt carrier when the hammer is down.

May need a bit more Gas. I was using the birdcage muzzle device. I was going to try my Brownells Shortbreak but it didn't clear the new handguard. When I had it on before, it definately upped the gas pressure. I ordered a Tapco slot break and Ill see if that improves reliability.

Bolt may be contacting the pin retainer plate I installed (did not use it before issue)

Ejector look sharp and is tight to the bolt. It contacts the top and inside edge of bolt (light polish, not an interference fit). Extractor seams clean and tight. Seams to hold round just fine.

·
Dump'n out 556!
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was the factory Draco trigger before. And the pin retainer replaces the shepherd hook.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Definitely check the retainer plate areas for friction or areas of contact... Look at your hammer face too... So does the bolt hang up when charging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hand guard?

Can you post pics of the inside of the hand guard to see what needs to be removed to make this work with mine please and Thank you...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts