Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-
Got a new/used M1A last month. Bought it with a total of 60 rnds through it. I hadn't shot a '14 (or M21) for years, and was wanting one for a while. So the opportunity arose, and I went for it. Just got around to shooting it last weekend. I loaded up some M80 ball duplicate using hornady 150 fmj's and imr-4895, and boy was I pleased. 5, 5-shot groups @ 100 yds were 3/4-1 1/8". I think this one is a keeper. Now I just need to accumulate some more magazines. BTW- it's a standard model, not loaded or NM. Great for SHTF or 2nd amd. purposes!

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$1100. It was from a friend. Pics will be forthcoming.:)

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
I wish I could get one right around that price point. They always seem to be north of 1200.

Looking forward to the pics... good find

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
2rangers, best deal on M1A mags in my opinion are the 20 bangers from CMI. They're current issue and available from 44mag.com at 44MAG.com - Check-Mate Industries - CMI .308 20rd M1A & M14 Magazine USGI
or direct from the manufacturer at
Check Mate - M1A20 Magazines
CMI also sells spare springs, followers, and base plates in case you need to repair any of your existing mags.
Don't know if you have a sling on her already or not, but FWIW I'm partial to the M1 GI sling in OD cotton, though I also like the M1907 from Turner. If its going to be a SHTF rifle I would consider a fiberglass stock and biothane sling for weather resistance, though I confess mine wears a walnut stock and GI cotton sling.

Enjoy your new rifle!
Grumpy

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im going to be ordering some mags shortly. The CMI mags look like the way to go. I have the slings mentioned, plus a few od nylon m14 slings. As far as the stock goes, its wearing walnut now, but an epoxy GI is in the works. An m14e2 would be nice, but theyre made of unobtainium. This is going to be an iron sight rifle, so I have a goodly supply of M80 ball and duplicate on 1903 strippers, in bandoleers.

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a standard model.:)

Reactions: dh1633pm

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Good to hear. Enjoy your new rifle. Share some pictures when you can. I had one before the safe act kicked in. I sold it. I do desire another one without the lug or barrel attachment.

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear. Enjoy your new rifle. Share some pictures when you can. I had one before the safe act kicked in. I sold it. I do desire another one without the lug or barrel attachment.
Brother, thats terrible. I'm sorry for your loss. I know you've prob heard this, but is it possible to move to a more constitutional friendly state?
I can honestly say that WW3 would begin if some politician told me, or my group of very close associates, we couldnt have a lawfully purchased piece of hardware. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts