Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about adding a light to my Tactical Mini 14.
I'd like to keep the weight and cost as reasonable as possible, while still using quality gear.

Let's see a picture and a description of what you've got, along with things you like/ don't like about your current setup.

Thanks.:D

·
Shall Not be Infringed!
46 Posts
I have a Fenix TK11 on a 1-inch offset rail that I found on Amazon. It works great with the Tapco foregrip, so that I can turn it on with my thumb.

The light and the butt stock magazine case only stay on for house duty, and I move the tapco grip and bipod forward for coyote hunting or plinking at the range.

Here is the offset. It's sized perfectly to hit it with my thumb, great product for $7.00, and all metal (alum).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Kkina - I was thinking about doing that very thing, but with a beater stock - I just hate the thought of drilling holes in my pristine wood factory stock. How strong are those rails? Would they stand up to a sling mount off the side? How does it feel to shoot with the rails on there?

Sadly, I don't have a light on mine. I did tape a flashlight to my Marlin model 60 for opossum duty the other night, though!

Joe

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Kkina - I was thinking about doing that very thing, but with a beater stock - I just hate the thought of drilling holes in my pristine wood factory stock. How strong are those rails? Would they stand up to a sling mount off the side? How does it feel to shoot with the rails on there?

Sadly, I don't have a light on mine. I did tape a flashlight to my Marlin model 60 for opossum duty the other night, though!

Joe
Joe, those rails are, well, bulletproof. The bottom surface is milled at an angle to match the surface angle of the riflestock itself. It is then mounted using 5 small woods crews and liberal amounts of epoxy (they said woodscrews and epoxy? No way will that hold...but it is very strong the way I did it). I'd have no reservations slinging it from there.

Their location results in no interference to the shooter in use, yet it's all close enough for tactical efficiency.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like it! If I ever have spending money again, I think give that a shot.

We now return you to the thread about lights on minis, already in progress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.