Perfect Union banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
One of the barrel clamp devices with a rail on it, or (preferably) screw a short section of rail to the handguard. Any 1" scope ring holds a Surefire nicely; the G2/G3 models are a bit over 1" diameter, but it will still work.
Mount it on the left side and you can push the tailcap switch with your left thumb; no need for a tape switch.
Total cost (including a G2) under $100

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I have a short rail in the mail. When it gets here I will take a look to see if I can screw it to the forearm grip.

I might have a spare barrel clamp, gonna go take a look to see if it will work.

·
808 to the 330
10 Posts
I picked up a nice barrel clamp light from Dicks sporting for 29 bucks, 3 setting...light, strobe, light lazer...with button switch and pressure switch, but id check the google search shopping might be able to find something a little more cheap! If you try and screw in a small rail make sure you got a good idea off your finger placement and light size but since the parts are cheap I guess no biggy if it takes more then one try! Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried one of them laser/flashlight combos ... to be honest, I didn't much like it. It felt way too fragile for real hard use.

Also I find that anything mounted to the fore stock interferes with my grip on the rifle.

I'm thinking of installing a rail to the left side of the receiver ... either a AK scope rail or just a piece of Weaver Rail.

My thinking is that the light will be more securely mounted and back out of the way.

What ever I do ... I'm gonna tape it in place with duct tape and try it out before I make any holes.

oddshot

·
808 to the 330
10 Posts
I grabbed a receiver cover for 32 bucks and it had the look through weaver so I could still use my iron sights. I got a good deal on a bsa 1 power scope with laser attached and a pic light for about a bill! Im telling you this cause it was a cheap way to get those three for a semi descent price, that way I could beat her up without worrying to much! I detached the light and put it on my fore upper Side which I got an ati kit so it worked out fine, the kits rails are detachable and set fairly far forward so if want accessories but still like to flat hand,its not a prob, and the ergo of it is real comfy! I like it, check my pics....also I only use my fore grip in cq with my laser when shooting from the hip, anything else I need to aim for I flat hand it!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Buy a Remington 700 scope mount it comes with two small rails and a cheap set of scope rings and you can do two rifles one for your AK and one for your Mini.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts