Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at my local firearms retailer today. I saw a used 581 series mini-14 Ranch Rifle for $699.00 today. AR 15's still pricey around the $2000.00 range but all the other semi auto rifle were down in price. Still weird to see an SKS going for $500.00

Ammo is down also.

PMC 223 Rem Ammo For Sale - 5.56x45 Ammunition - 55 gr FMJ BT

This ammo was $995.00 per 1000 about 2 weeks ago. Availability is up also. 39 cases.

Still pricey but down a dime a round and available.

I hope this is the beginning of a trend.

Meanwhile I am continuing my boycott till sanity returns.

How are prices in your area?????????????

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yep, I was at a hunting/gun store in wenatchee Wa and they had a couple of MIni's for $709 and $739. I was shocked because they had higher prices before december then most stores. Also a local gun/pawn shop told my buddy that the AR's were going to come down as it seems most people that had to have one bought it already. The local gun forum Spokaneguntrader.com seems to be reflecting this, with many AR's sitting for days before they reduce the price. People are still trying to get $900 for used Mini's though, there down to 700-800 before they sell it seems. Its the Magazines that are in short supply though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where i live in Az, prices are slowly coming down, but still a little ridiculous. There are alot of private sellers asking 100$ or more OVER MSRP for used firearms. A few years ago an sks could be had for 250$, now im seeing them at 600+. Wasr10 ak47 rifles are 1000$+......

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Here in the OK/TX/AR region no joy on AR's. Wally World is stripped bare and when they do come in they're gone the same day.

No ammo either. Called both Wally's locally and Academy - no trucks at any and no new ammo. LGS same, same.

Only improvement is in mail order magazines. Some M14 and AK mags starting to put in an appearance, but when you find AR boxes they're 2x-3x what they were before Sandy Hook.

Best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
663 Posts
Things here are still kinda hot. Used Minis still have $1k tags on them.
Same here. Went last weekend to the gun range to shoot some of my 45acp reloads and saw a 180 series mini (used of course) with a $1200 tag on it :lol::blink:

I'm not buying anything unless I absolutely have to thats firearms related right now

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I thought I had all the guns I needed or wanted but then I saw a Remington R1. I don't own a 1911. My biggest hand gun caliber is a 9 mil. I'm going to have to save up even to start a layaway on one of these or one of the other 1911's that gets good reviews(even though you can't find 45 acp anywhere right now).

I got an email notice from Natchez that they had .22 Velocitors in stock. I didn't catch the mail for just about 3 hours and by the time I got to their site it was gone. Plain old .22 long rifle may be the last ammo to come back to the shelves.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I thought I had all the guns I needed or wanted but then I saw a Remington R1. I don't own a 1911. My biggest hand gun caliber is a 9 mil. I'm going to have to save up even to start a layaway on one of these or one of the other 1911's that gets good reviews(even though you can't find 45 acp anywhere right now).

I got an email notice from Natchez that they had .22 Velocitors in stock. I didn't catch the mail for just about 3 hours and by the time I got to their site it was gone. Plain old .22 long rifle may be the last ammo to come back to the shelves.
Hi hottarod;

You'll really like an R1, and the 1911 is such a classic everyone should have at least one.

I've had Colts, Springfields, AMT Hardballers (I think I got the only Longslide off their production line that worked!), a Turkish Regent, and a few months back I picked up an R1. It's a terrific gun for the money - no its not a Series 70 Gold Cup, but you're not paying that kind of $$. Trigger on mine is crisp and clean, no issues. Good sights, good fitting, overall terrific gun!

You'll really love it - its a great 1911.

All the best,
Grumpy
PS Know what you mean about layaway and needing one more - I just put a Colt Combat Commander "in jail" and need to bust 'er out when the new billing cycle on the card comes due...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Glock mags are in stock locally, at normal price.:)

Still no 9mm but everything else is avaiable as usual. :)

It will calm down a bit until they really push to ban, or Hillary runs for president a few years from now :ph34r::blink:

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Same here. Went last weekend to the gun range to shoot some of my 45acp reloads and saw a 180 series mini (used of course) with a $1200 tag on it :lol::blink:

I'm not buying anything unless I absolutely have to thats firearms related right now
Unfortunately, we in Ca. are under legislative assault, and it appears that the mini 14 is in the crosshairs (Also if you can believe it the 10/22). The bill as written bans anything semi-auto with a detachable magazine and tube fed that holds more than 10 rnds (there goes my remington nylon 66). Hell, even Remington model 742's, 7400's and 750's will be banned, among others (Browning BAR's, Winchester 100's, Marlin camp carbines, M1 carbines).

Can't find a NIB Mini 14/30, M1A, SKS, 10/22, FAL, Glock, Ruger Pistol(any type) anywhere, and anything in AR is minimum of $2500, and they are far and few between.

This of course has led to an unrelenting feeding frenzy here with no signs of letting up. Can't find even a 5 rnd mini 14 or 30 magazine around here. No 10/22 mags, not even detach Marlin or savage .22 lr mags. Havn't seen any .22lr. 9mm, 40 S&W, .223/5.56, 7.62x39 or .308 win around here for 2 months. For some reason though, I have seen cases of .45 acp available from $25 to 30 a box.

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Dried up here on everything but rare calibers and 500% or more inflated price rifles. Want an AR? Too bad there arent any more black rifles that I have seen at shows and stores. But if you want a $2500 over under you can get one at basspro. Thinking of making a trip to check their stock out again, but I think the only 12ga they have left is gun club if thats even in stock...

I hope things change or I wont be hunting this season.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I looked at a stainless mini in December when this all started. It was new and $800. I passed. I should have bought some M&P 15's that day, they were on sale for $680, but I did not want an AR. Should have bought and resold, but oh well. Back in the same store last week and the same model mini was $1100 and the M&P was 1200 with a 4x scope. Not sure if it was the same model. Got email from said store today, saying the M&P with scope was now $999.
Got enough other bills to pay for now, but maybe mini's will come on down to where they were.

·
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!
11,261 Posts
Supply and demand folks.

The supply is going to catch up with demand, and when it does, the prices will fall, just like last time.

However, it's still dang expensive around here on ammo, if you can find it.

And mags are insane. LGS tried to sell my brother a USED Glock 30 round mag for 150.00, and was telling him that's a good deal...

Right. No thanks.

He did buy a TS 1022 however at another store where it was still listed for the same price it's been for years. Nice that they did not gouge, but with only the 10 round mag, and no .22LR to shoot, he's going to have to wait to try it out.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Dittos adjuster

The prices will come down. Ammo will catch up with demand. Then buy the hell out of it!!!!!!!!!!! This shortage crap will come around again and again and you will be able to sit back and yawn like most of us. Buy reloading equipment and supplies for all your centerfire weapons and you will be blissfully immune to any shortage of any type in the future. I can't tell you how neat it is to go out to my shop and look at my stash of stuff and know that I am set for the next decade!

fishslayerbob

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
As long as we have the incompetant fools in Washington DC who cater to the big special interest groups that use us as their cash cows, we will have this demand for firearms by average Americans who cannot trust our own government. This demand will continue for years becuase it will take years to vote them out and start over. kwg

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I read an interesting post from Hodgend powders yesterday.

They said "There is no powder shortage, there is a gluttony of purchasing."

The factory rep went on to say that they have shipped more powder in the last two months than they shipped the last 4.5 months of last year....and 2012 was a very good year. The problem is simply that people are hoarding ammo, components, etc...and that if people bought what they normally use/stocked there would not be any problems.

I'd have to agree, because I know too many people that buying crazy amounts of stuff that they will never use. I have purposely not bought much of anything since the feeding frenzy because I knew prices would come down eventually. The only exception is some brass for my .41 mag and .35 Remington, along with some bullets. None of that stuff was over priced though because Midway was committed to not jacking up prices, and everything I wanted was oddball (read: not sold out).

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Here in the OK/TX/AR region no joy on AR's. Wally World is stripped bare and when they do come in they're gone the same day.

No ammo either. Called both Wally's locally and Academy - no trucks at any and no new ammo. LGS same, same.

Only improvement is in mail order magazines. Some M14 and AK mags starting to put in an appearance, but when you find AR boxes they're 2x-3x what they were before Sandy Hook.

Best,
Grumpy
I've got a place that's local(ish) to me that has a steady stream of ammo coming in, and prices going down all the time.

They won't mail-order, AFAIK, and I don't know what part of OK/TX/AR you're in, but I could pick you some up and meet somewhere, if you're hurtin' for ammo. Holler if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad prices are finally coming back down. I've noticed that people are still trying to take advantage of the hype and rip people off. 22 ammo is still impossible to find under 200% mark-up.

Anyway, I'm building a site that tracks gun values, so we can stay more informed and not get ripped off. Go to www.priceforguns.com and put in your e-mail to get updates about the website launch.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.