Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Major General Chit Chat
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A link for my buds on here that handload for their Mini-30s

A few months ago I got a killer deal on a couple hundred pieces of new 7.62x39 Starline brass on Gunbroker for Mini-30 handloading. As soon as I bought it and the seller sold the rest, I regretted that I didn't buy more when I had the chance. At the time I couldn't imagine that people would be paying the insane prices they are now for even range pickup brass. Ever since then I've been scouting the web for more Starline.

I finally found it in the darndest place... Starline's website! Silly me for not looking there before, right? Long story short I picked up another 250 pieces for $98.00 a couple weeks ago. Free shipping and no tax. Not quite as good a deal as I got on Gunbroker a few months ago, but pretty close and still not bad for these times.

Starline is every bit as good if not better than the other brands of x39 brass I have on hand, which include Lapua, IMI, PPU, Geco, and Federal.

They sold out a couple days after I placed my last order, but at this writing it's back in stock. They're doing a pretty good job of churning it out. If it shows out of stock keep checking. It'll be back in short order.

Unfortunately the 5.56 and .223 brass is out of stock and has been for a while. Hopefully they'll catch up soon with demand for that as well.

~Beck

·
Major General Chit Chat
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I will pick up some. Thanks for the reminder. I have loads of their 45-70 and 45 Colt brass.

You're welcome. Yeah it doesn't hurt to jump on it when we can. Prices are inching down on many things and I'm seeing more availability of product from legitimate sources although it's intermittent. But who knows what tomorrow will bring?

The deal I got on Gunbroker was 300 pieces of Starline x39 brass for $87.00, including shipping, back in December before Gunbroker was charging tax. I doubt we'll see good prices like that anytime soon. The current price direct from Starline is ok for now for brass that will hold up nicely through many reloadings.

·
Major General Chit Chat
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've loaded their .45 super brass - good stuff. you got a line on primers?
Primers is one item I can't find at anything close to a reasonable price. I've searched until I'm cross-eyed. The last 1000 count box of Winchester Large Rifle primers I got from a credible retailer, I paid something like $29.99. That was before the double whammy of a pandemic and an election year. I've got enough primers for now. I'm not a high volume handloader. When/if I find a source for new primers I'll send you a PM.

What I wish I could find is a deal on Berdan brass like some of that good surplus Yugo. I've got 5,000 new non-corrosive Berdan primers for x39 from Fort Smith. People are tossing Berdan brass after one firing. Oh the irony! I've got all these Berdan primers and it's not that hard to reload if I could find the brass.

·
Formerly "raf"
1,991 Posts
Might buy some .45 Long Colt brass. IDK if I have enough components on-hand to re-load such, after reloading all the other stuff on-hand. I have a Convertible Ruger SA revolver that can fire both .45 ACP and .45 long Colt. Mostly, I keep the Ruger SA revolver, S&W 625 revolver, and all my 1911s fed with more-or-less identical .45 ACP, since all the (relatively short) barrel lengths are very similar.

Loading a .45 Long Colt, in a longer barrel, might make it equivalent to .44Mag, in a decent handgun, but that is expert territory.

Always nice to have choices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts