Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the "Browning Buck Mark" types.
Any comments on reliability???
I sold my Ruger because of the breakdown for cleaning is a pain in the as*.

Thanks,
Espi:2guns:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a old High Standard and the thing shoots great. You may want to try and find one of these. The come in various models and configurations. The company no longer produces them but parts are still available on the later model guns. Stay away from the HD Military model because it is a model in which parts are becoming hard to find. My gun is a GB model with interchangeable barrels. I have one three inch and one six inch barrel for it. I think Mitchel Arms is manufacturing a few models of this fine pistol and the quality is just as good as the originals if not better. Hope this info is of some use to you,

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I have a couple of 10-22's. Yes the breakdown is a pain and if you have scope on it.....well need I say more? The way I got around having to take it apart is the ole trusty bore-snake. Are you wanting something semi-auto or bolt-action?

:sniper:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Espi-
You talkin' rifle's or pistols?
I see that a company makes an improved take down pin for the MarkII ruger pistol. Supposedly makes it easier than that dang knife blade thing.
Anyone used one of these?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
OOPS!!!! Guess I should have paid attention to the question. Buck Mark is a pistol.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
When did they start the rifle? Just saw one at an auction. I've never seen one before now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Picked this one up and it's a proven shooter! If any of you know where to pick up Hi-cap mags for it let me know the one in it is a 15 Rd. mag.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wouldnt really say that the 10/22 is a pain. I have several and I love it. Every time I shoot it I clean it. I have field stripped them several times because of snow in action/mud in barral. The only thing I know of is the Take down pins fall out easily. I solved the bolt stop pin from falling out by getting a Weapon Kraft bolt buffer. :rolleyes:

:ar15: :eek: :rapid:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got a Buckmark for Christmas last year. It is the most accurate hand gun I own. I went back to the place my wife bought it and was talking to the guy behind the counter. He handed me a carbon fiber barreled Buckmark carbine. It felt awsome! It is amazing how much differnce that little stock on the back makes! I wanted that one too. He told me Browning didn't have the carbon fiber barrel in the catalog yet. The carbine pointed and handled very easily and will require the mounting of a scope (no open sights). I don't know much about the Buckmark's durability yet but I love shooting it. I step out back and shoot it about once a week.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love my Ruger 10/22 rifles :D ,Break down is a piece of cake and the shoot Great
too.I will give everyone else who ownes and Loves thier 10/22's a tip on cleaning the barrel from the breech end ,Take the receiver out of the stock Take out the bolt
then DRILL A HOLE IN THE BACK OF THE RECEIVER just a little bigger than you cleaning rod Now you can run you rod from the breech end and the hole will be coverd by the stock when you re assemble it.The 10/22 kicks ass :D

·
Registered
723 Posts
Talking about Rifles I like my 10/22 but the Henry Pump Action .22 is one of the most fun for me to shoot.And very accurate as well.

Best!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Browning Buckmark that i got has been a great pistol. It has somewhere between 1,000-1,500 rounds thru it now and have never had any kind of malfunction. It is more accurate than the operator too, at least this operator! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I bought a Buckmark in 1988, has never been a problem other than it loves Winchester 22, the Remington ammo shoots but not as accurate. My brother in law just went down today and bought a new Buckmark, fancier than mine and it's a looker. Got get down to the range and bust a couple of boxes to break it in. :D I have shot over 5,000 rounds and it still operates like melted butter. I have had 3 or 4 Ruger revolvers, several Ruger auto's, an Iver Johnson, a High Standard auto, H&R 922, and plenty of $50 cheapies in 30 years and none of them tickled my fancy like this Buckmark. Gun's are like that, different models connect with different people. Find one that makes YOU happy. :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
u have to know what you want to do, in order to pick the tool. A scoped, 3 lb clunk is not what a fisherman wants to haul around with him. He wants a 20 oz, 6" Smith 2214 kitgun, to pop the occasional frog, snake, or bird with.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey deerhntr

Just wanted to say thanks for the cleaning hole idea for the 10/22. I sent it over to the 10/22 forum for discussion. Decided to do it myself, and it works like a charm.
Thanks again.

gv2shooter

1 - 20 of 20 Posts