Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please compare and contrast the Golden Bear and Silver Bear 7.62x39 ammo. Would like to hear about reliability and accuracy. Is one preferable over the other in a Mini? For a frame of reference I hope to be shooting them in a Mini 30 Tactical. Thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Haven't shot Silver Bear but exclusively use Golden Bear for my M30. They have been 100% reliable with no failures to feed or fire in either SP or HP.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
Haven't tried golden bear, but I have shot silver bear SP -
I like it allot, it's a little dirty, but it functions 100 percent in my gun.
it's fairly accurate, and it's cheap. it's also a good choice for cheap hunting ammo as it is available in expanding HP and SP flavors. ( It kills goats good :) )

Silver bear or yugo surplus is becoming THE choice cheap plinking/blasting ammo for mini 30 owners.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Hav'nt tried the golden bear. I'm so happy with the silver bear sp's that I see no need to change. No ftf's and good accuracy and power.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I religiously shoot every sunday exclusively with golden bear ammo. I've never had any issues with it feeding or firing, and no problems hitting center target at 100yds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.