Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a deadly round on the cheap, Golden Bear HP is only .23 a round, and this is the cheapest I can find to do maximum damage to any bad guy.

I read rumors that the new 5.56 are not tumbling and just go though people now. That is no good.

Or are these rumors just cheap opportunist trying to get dummies to buy AK's and the 7.62 x 39 crap???

Any how, I think you cant go wrong with a nice solid HP to rip people apart when the poop hits the fan.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If the bullet is bi-metal (soft steel), I doubt it will do much more than punch a hole much like fmj. At least that is what gel tests are showing. Try testing with a magnet. I believe the Golden Bear case is brass-plated steel, BTW.

You could pull the bullet and stuff a Hornady VMAX or Sierra soft point or bonded hollow point for maximum effect.

Good luck

M

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
Try M193 ball this will tumble and fracture at the cannalure like .223 is known for, (given the correct impact velocity) before the M855 became standard, and short barrels became the "in" thing.
cheap and effective within a reasonable distance

also - you are sounding a little like a mall ninja with your commentary - you might want to tone it down just a a tad. of course this is only a suggestion, take this as you will. Since I happen to own a mini thirty in addition to my mini fourteen... your commentary About "dummies" and 7.62x39 is a little insulting to say the least.
FYI:
x39 ammo is remarkably similar to 30.30 winchester. if x39 is loaded with an expanding bullet (nothing is WORSE than the Comblock bimetal FMJ bullet) - x39 becomes a VERY VERY nasty thing to hit a squishy target with. 30.30 has been a favored bush round for north american deer for many years - any round that will effectively drop a deer at a given range, which have thicker skin, weigh about the same and are far tougher than humans - you can count on it to service a human target nicely in the same envelope.
with a wise bullet choice - x39 can be a meat hammer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts