Perfect Union banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
there are plenty of both, in this neck of the woods . i think that the hogs are
the biggest problem however . lot of folks are trapping them but they just keep on multiplying .

G

·
Hey, Cajungeo! First, welcome to ETX! Second, the armadillo is your most likely culprit for the small holes you're finding everywhere. They're looking for bugs just under the surface. They love fireant mounds too.

We moved to NETX in 1979 from the Dallas area. Whole 'nuther world out this way! Bought 35 acres in the middle of nowhere and put a mobile home on it. Couldn't find a job here, so I continued working in Dallas another 9 years. That's a long commute. Finally got a job with the local sheriff, and I've been at it for 18 years now.

I have several friends in the Lufkin area if you need local info.

Hmmph! Paved road. You're still a city boy.

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hehe when I first came out I thought CR stood for "country" road. Found out it is "County" Road. In Louisiana they didn't have counties.

· Registered
89 Posts
bluegrass music

hey there olfart do you ever get over to reclaw to listen to the bluegrass
music ? we live in palestine and go over every once in a while .

G

·
hey there olfart do you ever get over to reclaw to listen to the bluegrass
music ? we live in palestine and go over every once in a while .
Been to Reklaw a couple of times, but not for the music. They have a fly-in every year at a ranch strip there, and I've been down for that a couple of times. I think it's the last weekend in October or somewhere in that vicinity. Gas prices kept me home last year and likely will this year.

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just went thru Palastine, and Reclaw 2 days ago on my way back from Lubbock. A couple working buddies fly their planes to that flyin at the ranch. Will have to check it out.

G

·
Hope your building goes well. TX is pretty gun friendly. I moved out of TX to IL...not the best idea gun-wise, but i'm living with it for now.

· Registered
89 Posts
Palestine

Well you were right in my neck of the woods . We live in the Palestine area . We used to go to Reclaw to play Bluegrass music every fourth saturday .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.