Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To glynb :
As long as were talking about other firearms...I am thinking about buying my first pistol, maybe a glock model 22 or 23. What do you think of your Glock? Pros and cons compared to other brands?
Thanks in advance.
-Grinch

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by Grinch
To glynb :
As long as were talking about other firearms...I am thinking about buying my first pistol, maybe a glock model 22 or 23. What do you think of your Glock? Pros and cons compared to other brands?
Thanks in advance.
-Grinch
I was considering a glock 36 aka "big dawg .45"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Grinch,

Thanks for the question. I have owned my Glock 17 since about when they were first introduced in the States. (roughly 15 yrs ago?). I bought it because my employer allowed me to carry an auto if I bought it myself, and qualified with it. I believe the 17 was the first model offered. My employer then issued the Glock 22 (.40 cal) approximately 5 yrs ago. I have shot thousands and thousands of rounds through 2 Model 17's (issued and personal owned), and through two issued Model 22's. I have NEVER had a jam or misfeed that was the fault of the weapon. IMHO Glock handguns are THE most reliable auto pistols ever invented. I love the quasi-double action on the weapon. My Glocks have run every different kind of ammo I have put through them with no problem what so ever.

It's not a fancy or pretty weapon, although I hear they are making fancy target versions now. I have been very satisfied with Glock, and will have my old Model 17 from now on.

Hope this helps.

glynb

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glynb :
Thanks for the reply, it helps to hear from people who actually own a glock rather than just reading and hearing about them. It seems that everyone I have talked to about them says they are unbelievably reliable. I would like to have a pistol that is fun to shoot and takes high caps. I guess preban mags are expensive but they wont be getting any cheaper right? Now I have to decide on full size or a somewhat smaller handgun...decisions decisions. Thanks again.
-Grinch

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Grinch,

One of my co-workers carries a small Glock in .40 calibre as a backup weapon. I have not shot it, but it sure handles well. I always get my hi-cap mags for all my guns from Fourfourmag.com. Mark Gleason, who has the site guarantees the mags that he sells for the life of the owner. I have bought two 10 rd Mini 14 mags from him and they work great. The last time I was on the site he was selling hi-cap Glock mags for $20.00 each.

IMHO you won't go wrong with whatever Glock model you get. Good Luck!

glynb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Grinch,
I have shot just about every auto out there, and it comes down to a few preferences. You will find that most Glock owners are die hard fans. If you like Double Action only, and a light weight weapon, a Glock may be the way to go. If you aren't carring it, you may want to look into the Berreta 92...it is 9mm and as we all know 9mm ammo is cheap, and is one of the most accurate 9mm on the market. If you want a .45 auto, you can't go wrong with the Colt 1911.
I am one that prefers to have the option of shooting single action in an auto, and my carry is a Sig Pro (40 cal.). Your best bet, if possible, is to find someone who will let you shoot their glock or whatever gun you are considering.
Another very accurate 9mm is the CZ. Whether you buy a Glock or one of these others, they are all very reliable and great quality guns.
One thing to consider is that with the popularity of the Glock, you have alot of upgrade options very easily accessible.
Good luck in your hunt for the ulitmate handgun.
Public_offer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey...

Having shot most of these, they are all fine guns and properly taken care of, should last a long time. But...be careful of any "hot" loads in the Glocks and the Sigs.

My personal favorite...the CZ75B in either 9mm or 40 cal. Before you make that final choice, try going to a range that rents the different brands and calibers, and maybe fire a few rounds through each.

But, do yourself a favor...pick up a CZ. It is a natural pointer and fits the hand so well. I think you'll like it.

Slo

·
Registered
16 Posts
My father is the biggest gun fanatic you will ever meet (while I was growing up, he was th eeditor of Shooting Times Magazine) he literally has shot every handgun out there, and his favorite semi-auto, other than the Colt 1911, is the CZ. His claim is it is a solid gun and very, very accurate for a Semi-auto, so I know where you are coming from.
The CZ is a great gun. he has one in 9mm and just got one in .40 cal.
Public_offer

·
Registered
9 Posts
In case you were interested, check out this site:

http://www.geocities.com/mr_motorhead/cz75b.htm

In the end, the choice will ultimately be yours as to which handgun best suits your needs. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents, and expand your choices to include one of the best handguns I have ever fired and am more than proud to own...yet one that many have never even heard of, or would not think twice about.

Slo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts