Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone glass bedded their mini ranch w/factory wood stock? If so, where did you apply bedding compound and did you relieve the wood anywhere before applying the bedding compound? Also, did you seal the stock with anything before bedding? Thanks

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey dvd, I had never seen a beding job before so I got the video from mike knifong @ NW Shooters Support on glass beding the mini, for $15 encluding shipping. It is no hollywood production, and needs some editing, but it is very thorough, and Mike does a good job keeping the camera in there so you can watch him bed a mini. Basicly you releive any thing that would tweek the barrel, and bed the stock reinforcement MS00700, and receiver to the stock, LEAVE OUT the forearm liner as you want to bed the action especially around the recoil lugs, with out any preload. I used the Acraglas kit. It came with brown or black dye, release agent, and instructions. It has everything you need except playdough. I used mylar tape instead. Don't forget to apply the release agent to the stock reinforcement, trigger group, and action! Good luck.
P.S. the playdough or mylar is to seal off anything that would allow the epoxy to form a mechanical lock, which would forever bond your stock reinforcement, and action to the stock.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If and when you glass bed your mini (I haven't done mine yet). From experience Acraglass has three different types. One is in a red box after it is mixed its is very liquified. The stuff in the green box is Jell its easier to work with and doesn't run everywhere. The last is Stainless Steel Bed I don't have any experience with it. Try the Jell much easier to work with I have bedded a couple of rifles with it . Good luck!

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
I used the gel, it went on very smooth, with no runs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts