Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a Remington 700 BDL 308 Tactical with a 20" bull barrel in a B&C Tactical #2956. I don't paln on shooting competition and probably no more then 500yds. Mainly target, varmint (Coyote size) hogs and deer. Would there be any advantage to glass bedding this stock or is the stock good just the way it is? Just curious. Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
The short answer is yes it will help. The B&C has an aluminum bedding block, so you can "skim bed" the block and add bedding to improve the recoil lug area (travel).

I did mine myself:

I would shoot the rifle without bedding first, just to see how she does. Since you've chosen a tactical set up, you may want to go ahead and do it.

Be sure to follow the proper torque when securing action screws : 55-65 in lbs. This is critical to your potential accuracy.

After bedding, my groups improved, the bolt moved like butter(stress relieved the action) and the play in the recoil lug was reduced to zero.

In a B&C stock, the recoil lug pit has over 3mm of play. Once bedded, the recoil lug will fit in like a glove for a more repeatable fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i recently bought a Remington 700 in 30-06 and was considering bedding it cuz my groups were 2moa on a good day, no matter what grain couldn't dial it down. then had the idea(after advise from a friend in the military) to looses the take down lugs and tap the butt of the gun on the ground seating the recoil lug into place then using a torque wrench to tighen the bolts back up to factory recommended torque . now getting 0.7 moa to a .5. letting the gun cool between shots.. funny how its not seated from the factory. Also had this problem with my marlin .22 wmr and decided to take the project on to bed it and it brought the moa from 3 to 1.25 which is pretty decent for a .22 win mag. good luck on your project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts