Perfect Union banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read an e-mail tonight that Congresswoman Gabriel Giffords, who along with her husband started an anti gun organization ( non-profit) after she was shot, called Americans for responsible solutions. Turns out her husband bought a .45 pistol and an AR-15 in Tucson Arizona at Diamondback police supply last week. After it went public that he had bought it ( which he has not picked up yet ) he took to Facebook claiming to have bought it as a "test" to prove how easy a person could get one. Hmmmm SO the crooks in AND out of government will have assault rifles ( and he bought high capacity clips too ) but they think I should give mine up?? Best sell me that bridge first

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Read an e-mail tonight that Congresswoman Gabriel Giffords, who along with her husband started an anti gun organization ( non-profit) after she was shot, called Americans for responsible solutions. Turns out her husband bought a .45 pistol and an AR-15 in Tucson Arizona at Diamondback police supply last week. After it went public that he had bought it ( which he has not picked up yet ) he took to Facebook claiming to have bought it as a "test" to prove how easy a person could get one. Hmmmm SO the crooks in AND out of government will have assault rifles ( and he bought high capacity clips too ) but they think I should give mine up?? Best sell me that bridge first
Yep, I saw that one. My guess is that he's in it for the money with his phony-baloney "cause", and that he has some political office in view. Ex astronaut, add in a dose of family tragedy plus the contacts his wife had. Yeah, I could see him going into politics.

Politics is a good gig to rake in the $$ if you're willing to sell your soul for it. Guess we know what the answer to that question will be in his case, huh?

Best,
Grumpy
PS The funny thing is that he could have bought an M14 clone and sailed under the radar. Standard cap mags can be bought without ID so again he could have sailed right under the radar by being smart.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
So he's claiming he bought it to prove how easy it was, and he needed to buy the mags also to prove what, that he could get the mags also???, guys a frigging lier as are most politicians.
Hi JRedHorse;

You'll love this - the guy already has 2x 9mm's, a .45 auto and a .25 auto. Astronaut Mark Kelly, husband to Gabrielle Giffords, speaks to sold-out crowd in Sarasota | HeraldTribune.com

Hmmmm, I think he knows what you go through to buy a gun. Mags really sweeten the deal!

Can't think of why he didn't pick it up same day, unless it was a cash deal to keep wifey from finding out....

Best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gabby was pretty conservative about gun control and border security, so much so, she was considered a maverick by the dem leadership. I suspect she forgot about that, and is being used like a puppet.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Gabby was pretty conservative about gun control and border security, so much so, she was considered a maverick by the dem leadership. I suspect she forgot about that, and is being used like a puppet.
Good point. In which case I really don't know why he didn't pick up the thing same day. Maybe I'm biased coming from Illinois with its irritating waiting periods but it was a breath of fresh air being able to cash 'n carry guns once I moved to a free state....now I only layaway things where the spirit is willing but the wallet is weak.

Best,
Grumpy

23 Posts
Good point. In which case I really don't know why he didn't pick up the thing same day. Maybe I'm biased coming from Illinois with its irritating waiting periods but it was a breath of fresh air being able to cash 'n carry guns once I moved to a free state....now I only layaway things where the spirit is willing but the wallet is weak.

Best,
Grumpy
Or maybe there was some sort of problem with his background check that needed to be resolved. If that is the case, he just proved the current system works.

·
Registered
343 Posts
JUst heard on CNN today, that he didn't leave the gun shop with the AR because it was sold to the gun shop and they have to wait 30 days before they can release it. Now the gun shop has refused the sale refunded his money and is donating the AR to the police dept.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
People are reporting that he didn't walk out with it that day because he was getting it customized....probably right.:ph34r:
No, they have some rule or law that used firearms (which that AR was) that are bought by a gun shop have to be held by the shop for 30 days so LE can check if its been reported stolen or used in a crime. They can sell it in the mean time but have to hold it for the 30 days. I heard the gun shop canceled the sale also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.