Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,368 Posts
Personally I would go for a flat top A3 or A4 style. The handle on the A2 is basically useless and if you mount a scope on the handle it ends up being too high.
Their are many more accessories for the flat top version.
Do you have any particular questions we can help you with?

· Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I guess i liked the A2 style from my using the M16 in Viet Nam, I may have to rethink about the flat top models, I guess they do make more sense, I had a Bushmaster years ago and sold it, there are so many choices to go with I guess this is the place to check on the reviews, Looked at stag arms, S&W, RRA, thanks for your input....

· Registered
3,368 Posts
Hey, don't get me wrong, I used the A1 when I was in the military so I bought a carry handle model myself. Soon after I bought a stripped upper and changed it out to a flat top model. All of the models you listed are good to go, I guess it depends mostly on what you intend to use it for. I would look into Bravo Company or Palmetto State if looking more for a combat weapon while I would look at the S&W or RRA more for a range (or hunting) rifle.

· Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woodstock, Thanks for the input, much appreciated, it has been a while since i sold my Bushmaster, and like I said there are so many choices...just trying to weigh out my options...

· Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Guys, Yeah, it started, got some new toys for it and am very much enjoying it!!, getting ready to move so things have been hectic, once we are settled in I will post some pics!!, Thanks again for the input>>>>>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.