Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I guess it isn't just me, then. My Internet service isn't the greatest and i never know if the site is down or if I just can't get on.

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
Then spread the word! I'd LOVE to build up this site. We're ultra reliable (knock knock).

This site is hosted on a server I built for my buddy. The primary site on this server is http://pirate4x4.com/ which gets about 250,000 page views a day :)eek: ) Not hits, individual unique page views. I'd love to get 10% of that action here (we get about 3-6K page views a day).

Bring'm all here from all over. I'm a friendly admin who will work with you to make the place even better. Just let me know what I can do!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey .280, whats going on. I just pissed admin. off over at GB, they deleted my recent posts, and screwed up the archives with my posts also. They didnt like me calling it like it is. Completely erased my comments in two threads cause I told them how they were inconsistent with their poofing, didnt enforce their own rules, except at their own whim, and basically made them look real stupid, think it really ticked them off. I guess Dano would have been proud, maybe, wish I'd got a little help from the regulars, but I'm use to the heat, oh well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Sarge, Maybe we ought to leave the GB is down thread up and just check this sight first. If its down ,be the first to warn everybody else about it. Anyway it seems like more of us are finding this sight. Pretty soon it will be the regulars here. Wonder how long it will take Judge to find it??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wonder about Judge too, I like his wierdness, adds a flavor to the board, kind of like Yancy off of Waltons Mountain, remember that? You just liked him.
Yeah, people are finding this site, its so fast its amazing, wish GB was like this in every way, especially Bill, hes a fine fellow.

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
all-

Don't post anything over at GB that might get them pissed off at me! I have no qualms with their site, and I am not out to steal users.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't worry Bill, I only post the truth at GB, and thats why they're pissed at me. I do not violate their rules, only they can do that. Posting anything regarding your site would be a clear violation of their rules, and only they would be allowed to do that. Bill, thanks for having a great site. Your methods of moderating are much appreciated. I hope I've brought you some new friends to your board, and that has nothing to do with stealing anything from GB, its all on GB if they lose patrons, but I dont think they will lose them for the reason of this site being here, they will lose them due to their anal retentiveness.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Too get more people registered here, I am going to donate a Ruger Mod. 77 MkII in 35 Whelen to the 1500th member to register. Hope Admin can keep out double regitereees to make it fair to everybody. Come on Ryan, half the Marine Corps must be guns nuts.:D

Bill if you are in doubt about my sincerity on this, send me an e-mail and I will send you my snail mail addy that you can send an FFL to so I can send you the rifle so you can in turn send it to the 1500th member through their FFL.

I have donated firearms to other forums for Postal Matches and then there were the ones I gave away as prizes for my chatroom so I am very serious about this.

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
I have no problem with that. Sounds like a great idea!

The only issue is that you'll have people creating multiple registrations to be #1500.

What I suggest is a drawing after X number of people are registered (1500?) and give it to a random person, and that person isn't me (to ensure fairness). My buddy over at Pirate4x4.com has a vendor who is giving away driveline components in the same fashion.

Let's figure out the fair details here, and I'll post it and make it official.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.