Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get the gas bushings I've heard about on this board? I wrote to an email address I found on another post and have not received any reply. Anybody have any suggestions? And while I'm at it, what exactly do the gas bushings do?

Thanks,

P.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey Paul, Mike must be buisy, Usually he gets back to me next day. NW Shooters Support
2350 SW Balsom Ave.
Beaverton, Oregon 97005
[email protected]
Phone: 503-643-6136

I'd try again or call. He sends complete instructions with bush. kit. Basically, the gas bushing allows acertain amount of the rds. gas to be routed into the gas piston which slams the operating rod rearward to eject the spent case, cocking triger, and feeding in new rnd. the factory gas bush has an orfice about this big ( o ) the largest of the 3 in the bush kit is about 1/4 that size, while the smallest is this size ( . ). I installed the large one in my new mini, and recoil is way less!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wonder, (maybe Mike can answer this) does changing the orifice affect the accuracy because of gas pressure changes in the whole mechanism? What are the drawbacks of changing the dynamics of the factory gas system?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Paul,
The gas port kit was not designed to increase accuracy. (although it might) Mainly I developed it to reduce case ejection and reduce the battering the scope takes. (Mini's are very hard on scopes!)

Shoot me an e-mail for full details on the gas port kit. It's $25, but the "Combo kit" (trigger job & gas port kit) is the best value at $50. I plan to include a free shok-buff with the combo kit when I finish the die cutter. (My shok-buff will be $9-10 when ordered seperate. It's a little thinner and softer than the Buffer Tech buff. It's thinner to allow the bolt stop to work properly.)

Talk to ya later,
Mike in Oregon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.