Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the thread size and pitch of the gas block screws? are they metric? maybe M4.0x.70? i want to order the tap and die set.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I took one to a gunsmith and he sold me several of them cheaper than you can order and pay shipping. I also got Weaver scope ring screws. As I have stripped the heads out of a couple of the Allen head type I had him substitute the correct size Torx for both.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Originally posted by mark webley
What is the thread size and pitch of the gas block screws? are they metric? maybe M4.0x.70? i want to order the tap and die set.
If I may make an educated guess. Since the rifle was made in the good old U.S. The screw would be american std. From my mini-14 (don't have a 30) the screw measures .162" dia. now looking on my handy chart, I see it is a #8, but there are 2 thread pitches. I measure the thread length = 5/16" or about 1/3". Count threads =12 per 5/16 x 3 = 36. Therefore I have a #8 x36 NF. Take your screw to home depot to the hardware section pull down a #8x36 bag of screws (NOT #8x32) poke your screw thru the bag to start on a nut. If it fits, your in like flint!;)
http://www.aaronsmachinescrews.com/Tableof...eDrillSizes.htm

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I got my versapod adaptor, one of the screws they sent me was buggered up so I had to head over to the hardware store to find another. A metric screw M4 x .7 pitch did the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts