Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel free to post a pic of your rifle in our gallery. There is only one rule....one thread per rifle! This is actually very generous on Bill's part because I know there are some guys (and gals - TLynn ;) ) who own a ton of rifles. Go ahead and post your favorites. If the rifle is your hunting rifle, include some pics from a hunting trip. Let's take full advantage of the gallery!!

· Registered
669 Posts
I would have to say this is "ONE" of my favorites. It is a Remington 700 .243 cal. The stock has been reinforced in the forearm area, barrel channel milled out to free-float the barrel, trigger job, custom paint job and steel trigger guard. I torque the receiver screws @ 60 in lb for the front, 30 in lb for the rear and snug for the trigger guard screw. This project took me about 3 weeks if I include tweeking & range trips.

Attachments

· Registered
80 Posts
My brush '06

Been pidling with this rifle for a couple of years.
Had my gunsmith cut recrown the barrel to 19 inches re-install the factory sites. Pillar bed, and give me a crisp 2lb trigger, it is a pre-jlock model 700 long action 30/06. When I do my part it will put 3 150 gr. Hornady poly tips 3/4 of an inch @100 yds. Got full length stock off willsnipe, cut and re-contoured, and did a duracoat finish on the whole thing. Topped off with qiuck detach rings and a Leupold 2x8. Took two nice Ky. bucks last year with it. One a 17 point non-typical.

· Registered
45 Posts
Nothing to special, but it will shoot sub 1/4-1/2 MOA with ease, even with non match Federal 150gr. I really want to try out some Barnes bullets, Berger VLD, or some nice hand loads to see what she can do.
This was a Christmas present I got when I was 12yrs old from my father...
Browning A bolt SS in 7mm Rem mag with my quick camo job.
I have hit quite a few targets at a half mile (800m) with her. I have killed quite a few deers with this rifle, with the longest shot being around 550M... Give or take. Lost my data book and had to buy a new one, so I have been trying to remember how much drop the round has at X amount of yrds.'it's nothing to fancy, but like I said, my father gave it to me and I will never get rid of it... I would like to have a nice stock made for her with a adjustable LOP and a nice cheek riser. Putting a compensator on it soon, so it's slowly getting there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.