Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
I am certainly no expert but had a good friend who decided he was going to make that conversion.Part of the the time it would fire automatic part of the time it would continue to fire when you let off the trigger. It made a good gun very unsafe. I would say that gun was used as parts on another mini he later built. Also I have a very good book on Mini-14s and the Author said that the standard Mimi-14 barrel could not withstand automatic fire for any extended time.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are 2 ways it can be done.RELIABLY.One is very simular to the M-14.You just add or remove one part to make it semi or full.I have the book on it.Its very detailed with blueprints and everything.I just wondered if anyone here has done it.But ya know,come to think of it ,if they have they probably won't want to admit it.:( :sniper: P.S. My mini and my AC556 have the same barrels except for length.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
There are only 3 legal ways I know of. 1) trigger bump, finding that sweet spot in your trigger group is difficult. 2)Auto Burst ATF legal. 3) GAT also ATF legal, check it out: http://www.flashdistributor.com/gat.html

Boys, and girls we must be careful about subjects like this, and stick with what's legal, as the big fbeye could be watchen. They have been given enhanced power these days. Just be careful.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasen't talking about the legal ways,we all know those.Last time I checked it wasen't illegal to TALK about it so I don't care if they watch or not.I watch them too.Nor it is illegal to read or print the books I have on it.I know your just reminding and I thank you,but I'm not going to live in fear for having a conversation.;) :sniper:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Sorry PSG1, didn't mean to ruffel anyones feathers. As long as the 2nd ammendment remains in tact, we are free to make our own choices, and live without fear. A wise man I once knew gave me these words: "Know what your going after, and be willing to pay the price." Just be careful my friends. Just my 2 cents.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
well, its not really that big of an issue. i dont even know why the ATF and Big Brother are so scared of full auto guns anyway. anyone whose ever had any experience with it knows that full auto is useless for anything other than suppression fire and spray-and-pray (pretty much the same damn thing).

ive never really looked to hard at the Mini trigger assembly. what is involved?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Back in my college days when I was young and daring I removed the part the held the hammer after the shot and the trigger still depressed (I know the part has a specific name but can't recall)
It sure enough dropped the hammer on the second round, but I should really say the is just pushed the bolt foward.
My guess is that there has to be some type of delay before the hammer drops again until the bolt locks up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the Mini-14 full auto. Removing the disconector might cause the gun to slam-fire an additional round or 2 before jamming - besides being illegal, it just makes your guns useless. You'd have to rig some sort of contraption like a lightning link so that just as the slide/bolt is about to lock in place, it trips the link which dissengages the disconector allowing the hammer to fall. The timing would have to be fairly precise. this is alot easier to do with an AR15 - you can find plans for such a device in books or on the net. I've never heard of anyone making such a device for the Mini-14, but I'm sure it could be done - you would probably have to modify the receiver though.

Making an illegal machine gun is not all that difficult, some open-bolt guns require no more than a small piece of cardboard wedged in the right place to allow it to fire full-auto, so I've read.

Of course making and using such a device is illegal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey,

PSG1 - I like your style! Besides being very informative, you crack me up man! ;)

- Beta from Missouri (Columbia)

·
Registered
65 Posts
PSG1 -

I'm not much of a deer hunter (I've yet to get a kill), but the deer around here can get pretty big! I remember one time back when I was younger and out hiking around with my slingshot ;) I came up over a ridge at the same time a 8-10 point HUGE buck did - I was awestruck at his size, and I tracked him for about a mile or so until I lost him over a major road. That was within city limits!

I've almost taken a few out while mountain biking at a local park, mainly does and fawns that didn't hear me coming - hehehe.

You should come out and get some, we have way too many deer around now it seems.

http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/hunt/deer/

This one below was found near St. Louis!!

- Beta from Missouri (Columbia)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey Beta, I think I saw that deer on display at Silver Dollar City, in Branson. Its nearest relitave is the Jackalope.

Say do they still have that huge grocery store there in Columbia? I once did the inventory there back in the early 80'S. They had a 1 million dollar inventory back then. They had a huge block of cheese, if you guessed the weight you got a years supply of groceries, I think it weighed over 1,000 lbs.

Only deer hunting I did was in Chillicothe. Lots of big uns up there!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts