Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AC-556 Owner
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing with changing out my Factory Folding Stock on my AC556.

I cant decide which one I like better

Factory Configuration:

Full Stock I modified to fit the gun

I had to mill the inside of the factory full stock for the Mini-14 to clear all the fire control group parts

Im keeping the factory folder regardless. Just looking at new possibilities.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Tough choice, indeed!
Both look good. It's the age-old dilemma with all long guns that come in both flavors: the folder is handy and generally looks "cooler", but the full stock is more "useable", especially if it has a happy switch.
It's a good thing you have both stocks so you don't have make that choice permanently. Now all you need is a wood handguard. At today's ammo prices / availability, you aren't likely to run enough ammo through it to set it on fire.

·
AC-556 Owner
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tough choice, indeed!
Both look good. It's the age-old dilemma with all long guns that come in both flavors: the folder is handy and generally looks "cooler", but the full stock is more "useable", especially if it has a happy switch.
It's a good thing you have both stocks so you don't have make that choice permanently. Now all you need is a wood handguard. At today's ammo prices / availability, you aren't likely to run enough ammo through it to set it on fire.
Ive tried the wood handguard and it was a bad idea. It heats up so bad I thought the stock was going to burst into flames. I like the factory one over the choates one because of the oprod guard. Ive been pinched by the rod on more than one occasion.

I'll have to go shoot it with the full stock and see how I like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.